See our previous story for more images and information from Bisazza.
Here's some text from Hayón:
I loved the idea of having the opportunity to create a humorous and more sophisticated version of such a serious and functional object: a plane.
The piece has a very charming integrated shape using crystal for the cabin and leather in the wings. With colorful weapons and love symbols this is a fun plane, set in the hangar of glamour. It is made of fiber and silver mosaic, which gives a luxurious and surreal effect to the object.
Black and white lines in the floor in Bisazza glass tiles create speed and movement. Reminiscing an old Hollywood scene, a very theatrical installation atmosphere will be created by the spotlights. A circular couch is the central element of the plane's body.
I can imagine this object flying out a couple of lovers drinking champagne to deliver energy and good vibes across their journey. Jet set is a living room plane; an art object in a fantasy installation that shows the potential use of the Bisazza materials.
- Cover collection by Daphna Laurens
- Knoll reissues armchair by late Charles …Pollock
- Dezeen Watch Store launches two timepiec…es for women by Daniel Wellington
- Heinola Reading Lamps by Vesa Honkonen
- Origami dresses by Jule Waibel designed …for Bershka stores in 25 cities
- Matteo Thun for VitrA
- Fashion collection woven from Uruguayan …wool by Mercedes Arocena and Lucía Benítez
- The Last Laugh by William Andrews for Mr… Jones Watches at Dezeen Watch Store
- Motorlight by Jake Dyson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories