See our previous story for more images and information from Bisazza.
Here's some text from Hayón:
I loved the idea of having the opportunity to create a humorous and more sophisticated version of such a serious and functional object: a plane.
The piece has a very charming integrated shape using crystal for the cabin and leather in the wings. With colorful weapons and love symbols this is a fun plane, set in the hangar of glamour. It is made of fiber and silver mosaic, which gives a luxurious and surreal effect to the object.
Black and white lines in the floor in Bisazza glass tiles create speed and movement. Reminiscing an old Hollywood scene, a very theatrical installation atmosphere will be created by the spotlights. A circular couch is the central element of the plane's body.
I can imagine this object flying out a couple of lovers drinking champagne to deliver energy and good vibes across their journey. Jet set is a living room plane; an art object in a fantasy installation that shows the potential use of the Bisazza materials.
- Chaise longue by Neri Oxman uses 3D prin…ting to create a multi-coloured cocoon
- Les Ailes Noires by +tongtong
- Ross Lovegrove in Milan
- W by Satoshi Wada for Issey Miyake at De…zeen Watch Store
- Pelt by Benjamin Hubert for De La Espada
- November chair by Veryday
- XTable by KiBiSi
- Dezeen archive: masks and disguises
- Mondaine's Stop2Go watch launches in red… and black at Dezeen Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories