See our previous story for more images and information from Bisazza.
Here's some text from Hayón:
I loved the idea of having the opportunity to create a humorous and more sophisticated version of such a serious and functional object: a plane.
The piece has a very charming integrated shape using crystal for the cabin and leather in the wings. With colorful weapons and love symbols this is a fun plane, set in the hangar of glamour. It is made of fiber and silver mosaic, which gives a luxurious and surreal effect to the object.
Black and white lines in the floor in Bisazza glass tiles create speed and movement. Reminiscing an old Hollywood scene, a very theatrical installation atmosphere will be created by the spotlights. A circular couch is the central element of the plane's body.
I can imagine this object flying out a couple of lovers drinking champagne to deliver energy and good vibes across their journey. Jet set is a living room plane; an art object in a fantasy installation that shows the potential use of the Bisazza materials.
- Wanders seeks creatives for Amsterdam …centre
- Units for Reconstruction by Miguel Vie…ira Baptista
- Swarovski Crystal Palace 2
- The Other Way by Carl Clerkin
- Nendo works with traditional manufactu…rer to redesign chopsticks
- Dezeen Watch Store launches "Buy a nor…mal watch" campaign
- Tobias Rehberger covers HMS President …in "dazzle camouflage"
- Established & Sons in Milan 2010
- Designed in Hackney: Balzac armchair b…y Matthew Hilton for SCP
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories