See our previous story for more images and information from Bisazza.
Here's some text from Hayón:
I loved the idea of having the opportunity to create a humorous and more sophisticated version of such a serious and functional object: a plane.
The piece has a very charming integrated shape using crystal for the cabin and leather in the wings. With colorful weapons and love symbols this is a fun plane, set in the hangar of glamour. It is made of fiber and silver mosaic, which gives a luxurious and surreal effect to the object.
Black and white lines in the floor in Bisazza glass tiles create speed and movement. Reminiscing an old Hollywood scene, a very theatrical installation atmosphere will be created by the spotlights. A circular couch is the central element of the plane's body.
I can imagine this object flying out a couple of lovers drinking champagne to deliver energy and good vibes across their journey. Jet set is a living room plane; an art object in a fantasy installation that shows the potential use of the Bisazza materials.
- Bottle watch is based on "graphic folly …that intrigued me" says Sam Hecht
- Engineering Temporality by Tuomas Markun…poika Tolvanen
- London 2012 Olympic Cauldron by Thomas H…eatherwick: model and drawings
- designjunction opens tomorrow
- W131 by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Wäst…berg
- Simplissimo by Jean Nouvel for Ligne Ros…et
- Job Office collection by Studio Job for …Lensvelt
- Bridge Shelves by Outofstock
- Blå Station launches mobile Morris Jr c…hair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories