Dezeen promotion: we've teamed up with Gestalten to highlight their series of podcast interviews with leading designers, starting with two video interviews with Jaime Hayón.
The first interview (above), filmed at the Light + Building show Frankfurt in April, features Hayón and the launch of three new collections of large-scale lamps, called Bastoni, America and Solids, for the Spanish lighting brand Metalarte. He talks about his new pieces and his creative process. View the first movie »
The second interview, filmed at Spazio Rosanna Orlandi in Milan last month, features Hayón's Fantasy collection for Spanish porcelain brand Lladró (above) alongside the shoes he designed for Camper and his new monograph Jaime Hayón Works (below), which is published by Gestalten. The movie also features footage of Hayón's Jet Set piece for Bisazza (bottom image). View the second movie »
Gestalten’s collaboration with Dezeen will continue over the following weeks to present more designer interview podcasts with Konstantin Grcic, Studio Job, Maarten Bass and Kiki van Eijk & Joost van Bleiswijk.
- Electric Light Shoe by Freedom of Creati…on
- Barkow Leibinger chose "strong and elast…ic" cotton for tensile installation in Marrakech
- Field of Light by Bruce Munro
- Rick Owens extends footwear range for Ad…idas
- The office cubicle: from commercial flop… to best-selling design classic
- Atmospherics by Hani Rashid
- Responsive Street Furniture adapts publi…c spaces to suit pedestrians' needs
- United Nude and Iris van Herpen design s…culptural shoes for her Biopiracy fashion collection
- Siblingsfactory by JDS Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories