Dezeen promotion: we've teamed up with Gestalten to highlight their series of podcast interviews with leading designers, starting with two video interviews with Jaime Hayón.
The first interview (above), filmed at the Light + Building show Frankfurt in April, features Hayón and the launch of three new collections of large-scale lamps, called Bastoni, America and Solids, for the Spanish lighting brand Metalarte. He talks about his new pieces and his creative process. View the first movie »
The second interview, filmed at Spazio Rosanna Orlandi in Milan last month, features Hayón's Fantasy collection for Spanish porcelain brand Lladró (above) alongside the shoes he designed for Camper and his new monograph Jaime Hayón Works (below), which is published by Gestalten. The movie also features footage of Hayón's Jet Set piece for Bisazza (bottom image). View the second movie »
Gestalten’s collaboration with Dezeen will continue over the following weeks to present more designer interview podcasts with Konstantin Grcic, Studio Job, Maarten Bass and Kiki van Eijk & Joost van Bleiswijk.
- Happy Toys by Usuals
- Integrating programming and design will …"totally change the world"
- Posa by David Chipperfield
- Out of The Box by Tom Dixon, Front and 5….5 Designers
- 2013 was "a year of seminal women design…ers" says Design Miami director
- "You don't have to be an expert to do am…azing things" - Sugru founder
- Drip Grip and XY by Nosigner
- Noose light by Ana-Maria Pasescu Stewart
- Cuma and Cross by Takehiro Ando
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories