UK architects Langdon Reis Zahn are one of four joint winners of a competition to design a new library and concert hall at Bodø in Norway.
If your Norwegian is good, there's more info here. Otherwise here's some info from Langdon Reis Zahn:
Langdon Reis Zahn win Open International Design Competition
London - Langdon Reis Zahn (www.langdonreiszahn.com) have won the Open International Design Competition for a new Library and Theatre/Concert Hall in Bodo, Norway.
They shared the first prize along with drdh Architects (London), General Architecture (Sweden) and Florian Hultsch (Germany).
The first stage of the competition was an open ideas competition intended to clarify the location, massing and articulation of the built forms, composition and urban design of the adjacent site areas and public spaces.
The new cultural centre is projected to be approximately 11,700 sq.m. (126,000 square feet) with a construction budget of NOK 630,000,000.
Langdon Reis Zahn, drdh Architects and General Architecture have been invited to participate in the second round of the competition which will determine the practice selected to build the theatre/concert hall and the library.
- House on the outskirts of Prague by Mart…in Cenek
- NP House in Vila Nova de Famalicão by N…OARQ
- Staithe End by Henry Goss Architects
- Kaap Skil Maritime and Beachcombers Muse…um by Mecanoo
- Mud bricks and woven rattan used to buil…d an affordable preschool in Morocco
- Mirror lab by VAV Architects
- ICD/ITKE Research Pavilion at the Univer…sity of Stuttgart
- Golf’s Tower by Hackenbrioch Architekt…en
- Thomas Heatherwick beach cafe takes shap…e
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories