Dezeen promotion: here’s the third of our collaborations with Gestalten, highlighting their series of podcast interviews with leading designers. This week’s video interviews, recorded in Milan last month, are with Dutch designers Kiki van Eijk & Joost van Bleiswijk (above); and Maarten Baas.
The interview with van Eijk and van Bleiswijk, recorded at their reCollections exhibition at Via Voghera in Milan, features the couple talking about their new collections, which are inspired by both the past and by their own personal thoughts (see Dezeen's earlier story about the ReCollections show).
Van Bleiswick presented his No Screw No Glue (above) and Compose collections of large-scale objects including lanterns, trophies, serving trays and wall cabinets made of flat polished stainless steel plates that slot together.
Van Eijk's work (above) ranged from wooden cabinets and chaise lounges to ceramic teapots and bookshelves all featuring traditional patterns inspired by embossed emblems. View the video interview with van Eijk and van Bleiswijk »
In the interview, Baas talks about projects including his new work for Established & Sons (above), his collection for Contrasts Gallery (below), and earlier work including his Smoke and Clay collections. View the video interview with Maarten Baas »
See other other stories about Gestalten podcasts:
- Fade chandelier by Zaha Hadid for Swarov…ski
- La Cura by Studio Toogood at MOST
- Kawamura Ganjavian designs Kangaroo Ligh…t for the bottom of your bag
- London Lashes by Paperself at Dezeen Sup…er Store
- SafetyNet by Dan Watson
- Li Edelkoort exhibits Issey Miyake garme…nts at Design Museum Holon
- Kiwa bench by Hyung Suk Cho
- Antonino Cardillo combines scent and tex…ture for Illuminum Fragrance shop interior
- Fashion by McQueen and Treacy in new exh…ibition of Isabella Blow's collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories