Long Chair is a bench made from a continuous steel tube, designed by Jo Nagasaka of Schemata Architecture Office.
The tube is bent into a chair profile which is repeated along the length of the bench.
"We designed a long chair and donated it to celebrate the completion of Centurial Memorial Building of Nippon Institute Of Technology," says Nagasaka.
"This chair is made of one seamless steel pipe which draws the section shape of chair. Other steel pipes also draw various ways to sit."
Fabricator：Shin Ando / Libero
More Dezeen stories about Schemata Architecture Office:
Photographs by Takumi Ota
- A Sign in Space by Gunilla Klingberg
- Foster + Partners for Emeco
- Pablo Reinoso for Yamagiwa
- Iranzo, Rittler and Kesting create cocoo…n-like "cloud" installation
- World's first supersonic private jet wil…l replace windows with live-streaming screens
- US student Kai Lin designs furniture for… youth prison cells
- Scholten & Baijings carves geometric pat…terns into marble table collection
- Bags by Maam Project
- Rise of Flames by Frederik Roijé
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories