Long Chair is a bench made from a continuous steel tube, designed by Jo Nagasaka of Schemata Architecture Office.
The tube is bent into a chair profile which is repeated along the length of the bench.
"We designed a long chair and donated it to celebrate the completion of Centurial Memorial Building of Nippon Institute Of Technology," says Nagasaka.
"This chair is made of one seamless steel pipe which draws the section shape of chair. Other steel pipes also draw various ways to sit."
Fabricator：Shin Ando / Libero
More Dezeen stories about Schemata Architecture Office:
Photographs by Takumi Ota
- Naoto Fukasawa at IMM Cologne
- Tweezers by Clemens Auer
- Market by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for P…etite Friture
- Apps by Richard Hutten for Artifort
- Jolly Roger chairs by Fabio Novembre for… Gufram
- Floor lamp that tilts backwards by Mifun…e Design Studio
- Prehistoric Aliens by Glimpt
- Elastic Diamond by Nendo
- London Tube Map by Mark Noad Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories