Long Chair is a bench made from a continuous steel tube, designed by Jo Nagasaka of Schemata Architecture Office.
The tube is bent into a chair profile which is repeated along the length of the bench.
"We designed a long chair and donated it to celebrate the completion of Centurial Memorial Building of Nippon Institute Of Technology," says Nagasaka.
"This chair is made of one seamless steel pipe which draws the section shape of chair. Other steel pipes also draw various ways to sit."
Fabricator：Shin Ando / Libero
More Dezeen stories about Schemata Architecture Office:
Photographs by Takumi Ota
- Architectural Review redesign by Alexand…er Boxill
- Slim by Bevk Perovic for Vertigo Bird
- Blond and Bieber's dyes made from algae …"don't harm nature at all"
- Patricia Urquiola straps cushions to Rol…l chair for Kettal
- Dezeen Screen: Change the Record by Paul… Cocksedge
- New Ingo Maurer showroom
- Tuomas Markunpoika mills coloured pencil…s to create Amalgamated vases
- ThinPlug by Zihni Yalcin
- Tokyo Designers Week interview: Tom Dixo…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories