Long Chair is a bench made from a continuous steel tube, designed by Jo Nagasaka of Schemata Architecture Office.
The tube is bent into a chair profile which is repeated along the length of the bench.
"We designed a long chair and donated it to celebrate the completion of Centurial Memorial Building of Nippon Institute Of Technology," says Nagasaka.
"This chair is made of one seamless steel pipe which draws the section shape of chair. Other steel pipes also draw various ways to sit."
Fabricator：Shin Ando / Libero
More Dezeen stories about Schemata Architecture Office:
Photographs by Takumi Ota
- Antenna by Neil Poulton for Vertigo Bird
- Nike Vapor Laser Talon 3D printed footba…ll boot studs
- HyperLip by Sascha Nordmeyer creates gri…macing facial expressions
- Drop Chandelier by Stuart Haygarth
- Dear Disaster by Jenny Ekdahl
- Hexad by Tomoko Azumi
- Bun Boxes by Émilie Voirin
- Pentagon Pen by Industrial Facility
- Z handle by Eric Parry Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories