Long Chair is a bench made from a continuous steel tube, designed by Jo Nagasaka of Schemata Architecture Office.
The tube is bent into a chair profile which is repeated along the length of the bench.
"We designed a long chair and donated it to celebrate the completion of Centurial Memorial Building of Nippon Institute Of Technology," says Nagasaka.
"This chair is made of one seamless steel pipe which draws the section shape of chair. Other steel pipes also draw various ways to sit."
Fabricator：Shin Ando / Libero
More Dezeen stories about Schemata Architecture Office:
Photographs by Takumi Ota
- Advances in digital interfaces will lead… to a "new beginning in music"
- Myth and Material by Doshi Levien
- Laundry Room Collection by Terry Dwan fo…r Riva 1920
- Patricia Urquiola at Belgrade Design Wee…k
- Cantilevered bench by StokkeAustad
- Stacking Throne by Laurens van Wieringen
- TMA-1 By KiBiSi for AIAIAI
- GER Mood Sweater by Sensoree indicates e…motions with LEDs
- Work Sofa by Studio Makkink & Bey
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories