The store, in Mayfair, features a restored Victorian interior with modern and antique interventions.
Here's some info from Studioilse:
“We do not subscribe to claims of anti-ageing, promises of youth and distorted ideals of beauty but offer plant-derived ingredients that
contribute to the positive treatment and maintenance of skin and hair.” - Dennis Paphitis, founder
The first London shop is located in a Victorian Grade II listed mansion block on Mount street in Mayfair.
Studioilse's design of the shop translates the Aesop values through a loving restoration of the historic fabric with modern and clean interventions; original parquet floors left raw with patination, fireplaces reinstated, tall ceilings exposed.
But at its heart sits one grand gesture, a large ceramic circular basin to emphasize the ritual of cleansing. A celebration time, place and quiet beauty.
Consultation service that includes detailed product usage explanations on skin and wellbeing products for men and women.
Design and creative direction: studioilse.
Opened May 08
91 Mount street, Mayfair, W1K 2SU
- Hands On: Design Brought to Life by stud…ioXAG
- The Shell by Maarten Baas
- Royal College of Art Student Union Cafe …by Weston Surman & Deane
- Pop-up store for Dr. Martens by FreshBri…tain and Campaign
- Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health by Fran…k Gehry
- More images of Fukasawa's Ideal House
- Building rehabilitation in Calçada do L…avraby Jorge Mealha Arquitecto
- Rabobank Headquarters by Sander Architec…ten
- Dori concept store by Archiplan Studio f…eatures a chevron wall
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories