The store, in Mayfair, features a restored Victorian interior with modern and antique interventions.
Here's some info from Studioilse:
“We do not subscribe to claims of anti-ageing, promises of youth and distorted ideals of beauty but offer plant-derived ingredients that
contribute to the positive treatment and maintenance of skin and hair.” - Dennis Paphitis, founder
The first London shop is located in a Victorian Grade II listed mansion block on Mount street in Mayfair.
Studioilse's design of the shop translates the Aesop values through a loving restoration of the historic fabric with modern and clean interventions; original parquet floors left raw with patination, fireplaces reinstated, tall ceilings exposed.
But at its heart sits one grand gesture, a large ceramic circular basin to emphasize the ritual of cleansing. A celebration time, place and quiet beauty.
Consultation service that includes detailed product usage explanations on skin and wellbeing products for men and women.
Design and creative direction: studioilse.
Opened May 08
91 Mount street, Mayfair, W1K 2SU
- ‘Mat, Satiné, Brilliant’ by Maison …Martin Margiela
- Movie of Future Systems and Ross Lovegro…ve at the London Design Festival
- New Designers awards 2008
- Stuart Weitzman shoe boutique by Zaha Ha…did
- Bar in the attic of an old house by Inbl…um Architects
- Fernando Amat designs Camper store in Pa…lma de Mallorca
- Norm Architects creates "village" of whi…te cubes inside &tradition showroom
- El Japonés@22 by Sandra Tarruella Inter…ioristas
- Restaurang & Bar Nazdrowje by Richard Li…ndvall
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories