Fractal Table by designers Platform Wertel Oberfell with Matthias Bär mimics fractal growth patterns found in nature.
The rapid-prototyped table features trunk-like legs that divide into ever smaller branches and form a patterned top surface.
The project was created in conjunction with rapid manufacturing company Materialise.MGX.
Here's a bit more information from the designers:
Project title : Fractal Table
Fractal Table is a table piece which derives from studies into fractal growth patterns. Treelike stems grow into smaller branches until they get very dense towards the top. Fractal Table, developed by Platform Wertel Oberfell together with Matthias Bär, is impossible to manufacture unless rapid prototyped.
- Industrial Facility's w152 lamps charge …electronic devices
- LoveThisChair by Huibert van Muilwijk fo…r Made by Midas
- Dutch designers collaborate for Low Mot…ion exhibition
- Solar Tree by Ross Lovegrove
- Monster and Animal Hands by Héctor Serr…ano
- Ineke Hans shows new work
- Font Alphabet Puzzle by Looodus
- Table Cloth by Ball-Nogues
- Victorian Grandfather Chair and Chippend…ale Writing Desk by Adam Rowe
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories