Fractal Table by designers Platform Wertel Oberfell with Matthias Bär mimics fractal growth patterns found in nature.
The rapid-prototyped table features trunk-like legs that divide into ever smaller branches and form a patterned top surface.
The project was created in conjunction with rapid manufacturing company Materialise.MGX.
Here's a bit more information from the designers:
Project title : Fractal Table
Fractal Table is a table piece which derives from studies into fractal growth patterns. Treelike stems grow into smaller branches until they get very dense towards the top. Fractal Table, developed by Platform Wertel Oberfell together with Matthias Bär, is impossible to manufacture unless rapid prototyped.
- More photos of Tokujin Yoshioka installa…tion at Design Miami
- Cardboard Bicycle by Izhar Gafni
- Arik Levy's colourful chairs for TON hav…e legs that split in two
- Paper Vases by Studio Libertiny
- Psychomoulages by Olivier Peyricot
- Big Jambox by Yves Behar for Jawbone
- Rise of Flames by Frederik Roijé
- The Invisibles Light by Tokujin Yoshioka… for Kartell
- Slybox by Keiji Ashizawa
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories