Fractal Table by designers Platform Wertel Oberfell with Matthias Bär mimics fractal growth patterns found in nature.
The rapid-prototyped table features trunk-like legs that divide into ever smaller branches and form a patterned top surface.
The project was created in conjunction with rapid manufacturing company Materialise.MGX.
Here's a bit more information from the designers:
Project title : Fractal Table
Fractal Table is a table piece which derives from studies into fractal growth patterns. Treelike stems grow into smaller branches until they get very dense towards the top. Fractal Table, developed by Platform Wertel Oberfell together with Matthias Bär, is impossible to manufacture unless rapid prototyped.
- Kiosk at SCP by Michael Marriott
- OOO Lamp by Vasiliy Butenko
- Assemblage 1 by Toogood
- Dewar Glassware by David Derksen
- CLASH at FASHIONCLASH Maastricht
- Pulp by Jo Meesters
- Behind the scenes with Dominic Wilcox ma…king his "stained-glass driverless car"
- Buzz chair by Bertjan Pot for Arco
- Designed in Hackney: London 2012 Olympic… Torch by BarberOsgerby
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories