Fractal Table by designers Platform Wertel Oberfell with Matthias Bär mimics fractal growth patterns found in nature.
The rapid-prototyped table features trunk-like legs that divide into ever smaller branches and form a patterned top surface.
The project was created in conjunction with rapid manufacturing company Materialise.MGX.
Here's a bit more information from the designers:
Project title : Fractal Table
Fractal Table is a table piece which derives from studies into fractal growth patterns. Treelike stems grow into smaller branches until they get very dense towards the top. Fractal Table, developed by Platform Wertel Oberfell together with Matthias Bär, is impossible to manufacture unless rapid prototyped.
- Charming Disaster
- Zuiderzee Settings by Kiki van Eijk
- Musterzimmer at Depot Basel
- Dezeen Book of Ideas: The Toaster Projec…t by Thomas Thwaites
- SuperFoam Chair by Rich Gilbert
- The PaperVillain by The Functionality
- Industrial Facility adds Branca Stool to… collection for Mattiazzi
- Adidas launches Springblade Razor traine…rs with soles made of curved pads
- 50 projects_25 objects + 25 spaces by N…endo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories