Fractal Table by designers Platform Wertel Oberfell with Matthias Bär mimics fractal growth patterns found in nature.
The rapid-prototyped table features trunk-like legs that divide into ever smaller branches and form a patterned top surface.
The project was created in conjunction with rapid manufacturing company Materialise.MGX.
Here's a bit more information from the designers:
Project title : Fractal Table
Fractal Table is a table piece which derives from studies into fractal growth patterns. Treelike stems grow into smaller branches until they get very dense towards the top. Fractal Table, developed by Platform Wertel Oberfell together with Matthias Bär, is impossible to manufacture unless rapid prototyped.
- The Fluke by BarberOsgerby
- Crush by Fredrikson Stallard at David …Gill Galleries
- Eindhoven designer Piet Hein Eek: "I a…lways want to make my own stuff"
- New collection by La Chance
- Marcel Wanders in Milan
- Pier Fabre suspends red strings over w…aterfall pool for Dripping installation
- Dezeen's London Design Festival audio …guide
- F-Type by Jaguar
- Mutagenesis by Arne Quinze at Abitare …Il Tempo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories