Kuro is a house in Fukui city, Japan, by architect Takuya Hosokai and Hiromasa Mori.
The wooden building was completed last year.
"Kuro" is Japanese for "black".
Update: see Shiro, a hair salon by the same architects, in our new story.
Here are some facts from the architects:
design: 1980 / Takuya Hosokai + Hiromasa Mori
Place: Fukui city, Fukui prefecture, Japan
program: residential house
Built: July, 2007
structure: Wood building
site area: 457.31 sqm
building area: 139.13 sqm
total floor area:161.79 sqm
- Haptic adds a pair of extensions to a Vi…ctorian home in west London
- House for a photographer by Peter Pichle…r
- Portsmouth FC by Herzog & de Meuron
- Yotsuya Tenera by Key Operation
- Studio East by Carmody Groarke
- Pôle Santé Val de Cher health centre b…y Oglo
- Balancing Act by Ensamble Studio
- Wear House by AUAU
- Stadthalle Offenburg by Hetzel and Ortho…lf
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories