Kuro is a house in Fukui city, Japan, by architect Takuya Hosokai and Hiromasa Mori.
The wooden building was completed last year.
"Kuro" is Japanese for "black".
Update: see Shiro, a hair salon by the same architects, in our new story.
Here are some facts from the architects:
design: 1980 / Takuya Hosokai + Hiromasa Mori
Place: Fukui city, Fukui prefecture, Japan
program: residential house
Built: July, 2007
structure: Wood building
site area: 457.31 sqm
building area: 139.13 sqm
total floor area:161.79 sqm
- Haus am Moor by Bernardo Bader Architect…s
- Velo Towers by Asymptote
- Feldbalz by Gus Wüstemann
- Ivy Building by Geneto
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilions over the ye…ars
- Universiade 2011 Sports Centre by GMP Ar…chitekten
- House K by Yoshichika Takagi
- Skyroom by David Kohn Architects
- Zaha Hadid plans sinuous apartment compl…ex for first project in Mexico
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories