Commissioned by the festival and steelmaker Corus, Fresh Flower consists of arching petals that shelter a rotating stage.
The pavilion will move between various venues during the festival.
The London Festival of Architecture is at venues across London from 20 June - 20 July. Details at www.lfa2008.org
Here's more info on Fresh Flower from the festival:
Tonkin Liu, Fresh Flower
Tonkin Liu’s ‘Fresh Flower’ comprises 11 petals that rise off the ground, arching around a central stalk to create a space within which a moveable stage rotates. LED lights rising from the stalk will illuminate the pavilion. It will be constructed entirely from Corus products including tube and sheet steel. When erected the floor area of the structure will cover 97m2, with the petals ranging from 2.7 to 4.3 metres high.
Structural Engineer: Adams Kara Taylor
Fabric Engineer: David Dexter
Fabricator: Mike Smith Studio
Fabric fabricator: MIllimetre
Lighting Sponsor: Thorn
- Gus Wüstemann uses chipboard-textured c…oncrete for Zurich apartment block
- Moses Mabhida Stadium by GMP Architekten
- London 2012 Basketball Arena by Sinclair… Knight Merz
- Centro de Recepción de Visitantes, Atap…uerca by a3gm + Mata y asociados
- Eva Jiřičná, Richard Meier and John P…awson recruited for village-like development near Prague
- RIBA Manser Medal shortlist
- Casa Moliner by Alberto Campo Baeza
- Picnic by Norisada Maeda Atelier
- Coral House by Group8
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories