Commissioned by the festival and steelmaker Corus, Fresh Flower consists of arching petals that shelter a rotating stage.
The pavilion will move between various venues during the festival.
The London Festival of Architecture is at venues across London from 20 June - 20 July. Details at www.lfa2008.org
Here's more info on Fresh Flower from the festival:
Tonkin Liu, Fresh Flower
Tonkin Liu’s ‘Fresh Flower’ comprises 11 petals that rise off the ground, arching around a central stalk to create a space within which a moveable stage rotates. LED lights rising from the stalk will illuminate the pavilion. It will be constructed entirely from Corus products including tube and sheet steel. When erected the floor area of the structure will cover 97m2, with the petals ranging from 2.7 to 4.3 metres high.
Structural Engineer: Adams Kara Taylor
Fabric Engineer: David Dexter
Fabricator: Mike Smith Studio
Fabric fabricator: MIllimetre
Lighting Sponsor: Thorn
- Tchoban Foundation exhibits fantastica…l drawings by Lebbeus Woods
- Long Farm by Lucy Marston
- Home 08 by i29
- The Shadow House by Liddicoat & Goldhi…ll
- Copper-clad ParkArk houseboat by BYTR …Architects floats on a Dutch canal
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: (X) for Or…dos 100 by Multiplicities
- Tianzhoushan Tea House by Archiplein
- Ginan House by Keitaro Muto Architects
- Paolo Carlesso clads Italian family ho…use with cement panels
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories