Commissioned by the festival and steelmaker Corus, Fresh Flower consists of arching petals that shelter a rotating stage.
The pavilion will move between various venues during the festival.
The London Festival of Architecture is at venues across London from 20 June - 20 July. Details at www.lfa2008.org
Here's more info on Fresh Flower from the festival:
Tonkin Liu, Fresh Flower
Tonkin Liu’s ‘Fresh Flower’ comprises 11 petals that rise off the ground, arching around a central stalk to create a space within which a moveable stage rotates. LED lights rising from the stalk will illuminate the pavilion. It will be constructed entirely from Corus products including tube and sheet steel. When erected the floor area of the structure will cover 97m2, with the petals ranging from 2.7 to 4.3 metres high.
Structural Engineer: Adams Kara Taylor
Fabric Engineer: David Dexter
Fabricator: Mike Smith Studio
Fabric fabricator: MIllimetre
Lighting Sponsor: Thorn
- Jägnefält Milton's Forest Pavilion tes…ts new Swedish building law
- Campbell Sports Centre by Steven Holl Ar…chitects
- Leaf House by Undercurrent Architects
- Black Teahouse by A1 Architects
- Yellow accents brighten the stacked whit…e volumes of Pino Street House by Oscar Gutiérrez
- Crystal Clear by CF Møller and Kristin …Jarmund Arkitekter
- Cop15 pavilion by MAPT
- Centipede Cinema by Colin Fournier, Mary…sia Lewandowska and NEON
- Folk in a Box by Cristina Monteiro
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories