Sunny Day by Stockholm-based lighting artist Aleksandra Stratimirovic is an installation made of over four thousand glass medical phials filled with coloured liquids, which combine to produce an image of a girl beside a lake.
The work was recently shown at the Lighting Guerrilla festival in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Stratimirovic was joint winner of the Targetti Light Art Award this year.
Here's some more info about Sunny Day:
The work is at close range a collection of more then four thousand small medical glass containers filled with different coloured liquids, in a sterile laboratory framework with a fluorescent backlight. When taking a couple of steps back the vivid image of a girl appears, standing at a lakeside, with summer blue sky above. The work has been shown in Vzigalica gallery between 28th May 13th June, at the Svetlobna Gverila festival in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Aleksandra Stratimirovic is the winner of the first prize of the Targetti Light Art Award, announced on the ArteFiera in Bologna in January 2008. Her prize-winning work Girl with icecream is now part of the Fondazione Targetti Light Art Collection, placed in the Villa La Sfacciata, Florence.
She is artist with interest in light. She is also core member of the Transnational Lighting Detectives group dedicated to lighting culture.
- Global Warming Rug by NEL for Nanimarqui…na
- Yuri Pardi incorporates geometric blocks… into Monument graduate fashion collection
- YachtPlus by Foster + Partners
- Dune by Rainer Mutsch
- ZiG by Ryan Frank
- Peter Boutakis' Helix bicycle folds down… to the size of a wheel
- Stacking Throne by Laurens van Wieringen
- Sports Hijab by ResportOn
- Moon Ji Bang installs a field of mushroo…m-shaped balloons outside a Seoul museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories