Pieces include lettering on the prongs of forks that correspond with words imprinted in bowls and the Exhausted range (below), where cutlery follows the shape of objects it appears to collapse onto. Above: Non-sharing bowl
Here's some more information from Hinton:
The tableware I make is inspired by components and interconnecting units. My research currently looks at the role of cutlery in different table settings with emphasis on their function as connecting elements. Below: personal fork
I am creating diverse collections of flatware which translate the different aspects of my concept. The pieces have an individual aesthetic and change into new forms when they playfully interact with each other.
The pieces come together through the lettering shown on the tines of the fork and where it has been, leaving a mark. Another concept can be seen through the exhausted cutlery which flops over a plate or surface to interact with the tableware.
In the Exhausted range, the utensils take the form of the tableware they fall on. The pieces are exhausted by constant treatment and use.
The non sharing bowl is a double bowl with two forks that have 'MINE' in different fonts on the end of the tines. The bowls have 'MINE' in the two fonts etched randomly around to encourage competitive behavior.
The forked bowl incorporates the same idea but different lettering to show the forks function and where it has been leaving its mark.
The personal fork has my initials on as an example of a personal fork for hallmarking your food. I have done this with the intention that people can commission their own initials
- Mezzanine by Constance Guisset
- Flow(t) glassware by Nao Tamura at Lum…inaire Lab
- Simple Convenience iron by Laura Nelso…n
- Growing Vases by Nendo for Lasvit
- The interface between technology and d…esign holds "answers to the future"
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: Ax…el Hildebrand
- Austerity edible furniture by Lanzavec…chia + Wai
- Aurora by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Priestmangoode overhauls aircraft inte…rior to include more carry-on luggage space
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories