New Designers 08: Kaley Woods presented Teenyweenykins, a prototype range of toy animals with interchangeable heads, at New Designers in London last week.
Woods is a graduate from Rochester College for the Creative Arts.
Here's a bit of text from Woods:
The concept behind this toy range is that each of the six animal heads fit on each of the three bodies and when pressed they react in different ways. This gives the child an incentive to match the heads and bodies together, whilst also rewarding them with a sensory reaction.
The reactions would include illuminating, vibrating and sounding the corresponding animal's name.
The reactions of the characters invite the child to explore them developing their coordination, whilst also teaching them cause and effect. The speaking characters would also act as audio prompts, encouraging small children to make sounds and eventually connect these sounds into words.
- Chair/Stool by Krystian Kowalski
- Interview: Dominic Wilcox at Dezeen Spa…ce
- Beat vessels by Tom Dixon
- Markus Johansson creates fibreglass Loop… Chair from a 3D-printed model
- The Upside Dome by Gijs Van Vaerenbergh
- Boss Chair byTobias Nitsche
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up shop at Clerke…nwell Design Week
- Tom Dixon in Milan
- Origami dresses by Jule Waibel designed …for Bershka stores in 25 cities
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories