New Designers 08: Kaley Woods presented Teenyweenykins, a prototype range of toy animals with interchangeable heads, at New Designers in London last week.
Woods is a graduate from Rochester College for the Creative Arts.
Here's a bit of text from Woods:
The concept behind this toy range is that each of the six animal heads fit on each of the three bodies and when pressed they react in different ways. This gives the child an incentive to match the heads and bodies together, whilst also rewarding them with a sensory reaction.
The reactions would include illuminating, vibrating and sounding the corresponding animal's name.
The reactions of the characters invite the child to explore them developing their coordination, whilst also teaching them cause and effect. The speaking characters would also act as audio prompts, encouraging small children to make sounds and eventually connect these sounds into words.
- Pinxo by Ferran Lajara
- France away kit by Nike
- Folder by Mikuláš Novotný
- StokkeAustad's acoustic panels pair colo…urful fabric with metal and stone
- Movie: Design Museum Collection App
- Rubikon Pinhole Rebel by Jaroslav Juřic…a
- "I wanted to capture the beauty of 1950s… engineering" – Michael Young
- "Street culture is synonymous with east …London" - Lee Broom
- Hanukkah menorah by Richard Meier
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories