Five winners of our container design competition will each be given a free 20ft shipping container at the Container Ground (top image) exhibition at Jingu-Gaien in central Tokyo, plus an installation and construction budget of up to 200,000 Yen. (Note: shipping, transportation and accommodation costs are not included).
This competition has now closed.
Entries will be judged according to by a panel consisting of Design Association president and art director Katsumi Asaba, Design Association executive director Kenji Kawasaki and Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs. Winners will be notified by email and the winning designs will be published on Dezeen.
The images here show the interiors of containers at last year's Container Ground exhibition.
See our stories from Tokyo Designers Week 2007 here.
- Food is "the most important material in …the world" says Marije Vogelzang
- Rhino Skin - Second Chance Gear by Hila …Raam
- The return of the pocket watch
- Dieter Rams 620 Chair Programme relaunch…ed by Vitsœ
- New Pinterest board: chairs
- The Other Way by Carl Clerkin
- Blur by Philippe Malouin
- Maarten Baas at Via Voghera 8 in Milan
- Trimmer, Razor and Shaving Brush by Jacq…ues-Elie Craig Ribeyron
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories