Five winners of our container design competition will each be given a free 20ft shipping container at the Container Ground (top image) exhibition at Jingu-Gaien in central Tokyo, plus an installation and construction budget of up to 200,000 Yen. (Note: shipping, transportation and accommodation costs are not included).
This competition has now closed.
Entries will be judged according to by a panel consisting of Design Association president and art director Katsumi Asaba, Design Association executive director Kenji Kawasaki and Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs. Winners will be notified by email and the winning designs will be published on Dezeen.
The images here show the interiors of containers at last year's Container Ground exhibition.
See our stories from Tokyo Designers Week 2007 here.
- Seven Designers for Seven Dials installa…tions curated by Dezeen
- Béhar designs magazine for Ford Coppola
- Gagosian shows more Newson pieces
- Barkow Leibinger chose "strong and elast…ic" cotton for tensile installation in Marrakech
- One Handed Condom Wrapper by Ben Pawle
- Jaime Hayón designs monkey-shaped table
- Table with a View by Anke Weiss
- Stepney Green Design Collection: what is… special about East London?
- Extra ID by Anke Weiss
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories