Five winners of our container design competition will each be given a free 20ft shipping container at the Container Ground (top image) exhibition at Jingu-Gaien in central Tokyo, plus an installation and construction budget of up to 200,000 Yen. (Note: shipping, transportation and accommodation costs are not included).
This competition has now closed.
Entries will be judged according to by a panel consisting of Design Association president and art director Katsumi Asaba, Design Association executive director Kenji Kawasaki and Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs. Winners will be notified by email and the winning designs will be published on Dezeen.
The images here show the interiors of containers at last year's Container Ground exhibition.
See our stories from Tokyo Designers Week 2007 here.
- Future Fashions exhibition by You Are …Here and Glamcult Studio
- Sabi previews bathroom accessories ran…ge by Barber and Osgerby's MAP
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up shops at des…ignjunction and 100% Design
- Knoll reissues armchair by late Charle…s Pollock
- Membrane by Benjamin Hubert for Classi…con
- Soft side tables by Curtis Popp
- Launch of Llustre.com
- Transformation and Distribution Centre… for Abandoned Household Items by Joost Gehem
- Dezeen's Milan 2013 map
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories