Five winners of our container design competition will each be given a free 20ft shipping container at the Container Ground (top image) exhibition at Jingu-Gaien in central Tokyo, plus an installation and construction budget of up to 200,000 Yen. (Note: shipping, transportation and accommodation costs are not included).
This competition has now closed.
Entries will be judged according to by a panel consisting of Design Association president and art director Katsumi Asaba, Design Association executive director Kenji Kawasaki and Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs. Winners will be notified by email and the winning designs will be published on Dezeen.
The images here show the interiors of containers at last year's Container Ground exhibition.
See our stories from Tokyo Designers Week 2007 here.
- Ink Calendar by Oscar Diaz
- Gigi Barker's skin-covered seats are inf…used with bodily scents
- Fold Pot by Emanuele Pizzolorusso expand…s around growing plants
- Estel Alcaraz designs wellington boots y…ou can squash into a bag
- William Light by Andrea Francesconi
- OMA designs installation for the launch …of furniture collection by Maarten van Severen
- Julia Krantz at R 20th Century
- Local by fuseproject
- Flyknit running footwear by Nike
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories