The boat has a 60-foot carbon-fibre hull, built by Luca Brenta Yacht Design in Kiel, Germany.
Photographs by Jens Weber, Munich. Construction photos by John Pawson.
The following text is from John Pawson:
The subject of this collaborative commission is a new 60-foot day sailing boat designed by Luca Brenta and built in Kiel.
The project’s functional goal is to create the ultimate day racing yacht, built for recreational rather than competitive purposes, but with the highest levels of manoeuvrability. The aesthetic expression of these functional aspirations is embodied in the sleekest of carbon-fibre hulls surmounted by the geometric purity of a triangular white sail.
Luca Brenta’s expertise lies in pushing forms and materials and the rigours of an approach which consistently prioritises vision over established ways of doing things. The collaboration harnesses this passion for pursuing an idea to its ultimate conclusion in the service of a particular set of interior spatial ideals.
Naval Architects: Luca Brenta Yacht Design, Luca Brenta, Lorenzo Argento Laurenti
Interior Architecture: John Pawson
Project Architects: Mark Treharne, Valerie Chomarat
Construction: Knierim Yachtbau GmbH, Gunnar Knierim, Steffen Müller
Lighting Design: Isometrix
- Pauline van Dongen's Vigour cardigan sen…ses how well its wearer is moving
- Bendable Interior Objects by Form Us Wit…h Love
- UNMADE 07 by Karen Ryan
- Ryosuke Fukusada designs wooden lightbul…b for Ledon
- Free space for light designers at Tent L…ondon
- HyperLip by Sascha Nordmeyer creates gri…macing facial expressions
- Photos of cabbage and plastic bags used …to create fantastical alien landscapes in TSVI music video
- The Long Drop by Studio Glithero
- Nike adapts Flyknit technology to launch… knitted football boot
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories