The stool is held rigid by tension in the twisted rope. No tools are required for assembly but an object of the owner's choice is required to maintain the tension.
"It is a stool based on the principle of rigidness through tension," explains Frommeld. "Inspired by a traditional bow saw, the structure is a successful exploitation of the material's natural attributes."
"The central component can be replaced with a carefully selected object for personalisation."
Frommeld was presented with the BDC New Designer of the Year award at the show. See details of the other winners and more of Frommeld's work in our previous story.
- Silent Machine by Eunjae Lee
- 150ml by Studioroom906
- ONE calendar by Jeong Yong
- Can City mobile aluminium furnace by Stu…dio Swine
- UFO over Gdansk by Peter Coffin and Cini…mod Studio
- Yves Behar moves towards the connected g…arden with Edyn
- Established & Sons in Milan 2
- Hose Clip Shelving by Max Frommeld
- BEN.NA by Damien Fredriksen Ravn
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories