Called Combispace, the project was the winning entry to the Colorsdesigner competition inviting young architects and designers to create retail spaces.
Here's some more information from the competition organisers :
A new Benetton store in Russia by the portuguese architect Luís Pereira Miguel
Combispace, a project of the portuguese architect Luís Pereira Miguel, won the Colorsdesigner international competition promoted by POLI.design, a Consortium of the Politecnico di Milano (Italy) open to young creatives, designers and architects asked to develop new retail concepts for large international clothing enterprises. The winning project will be applied to a new Benetton store.
There were candidates from 46 countries and the jury selected six final projects. The prizes will be awarded in October and the execution of the project will be followed by the winner and will be built in the city of Omsk, Russia.
The Jury's final choice fell unanimously on Combispace, which "unifies in an original and fluid manner the two floors of the historical building object of the competition, thus creating an articulate system of transforming spaces and of exposition of merchandise that well responds to the functional and communicative needs of the present topic".
The competition is and represents a challenge for designers in finding new eco-sustainable and creative solutions capable to express the quality of interior environments, products and services. Possible future spaces thought not merely for selling products but also for communication, interaction with final users and aggregation activities; spaces where technology is capable of humanizing the approach to buying by transforming it in a social experience, a moment for self-gratification and pleasure.
- Pearl River Necklace by NL Architects
- Snøhetta unveil proposals for Maggie’…s Centre in Aberdeen
- Rem Koolhaas uses architecture, dance an…d film to represent the "current condition of Italy"
- Casa 205 by H Arquitectes
- The Ring by OFIS Arhitekti
- "We convinced doctors to move to an open…-plan wing" - Kristen Whittle and Ron Billard
- Curving voids pierce the floors of Antti…nen Oiva Architects' Helsinki library
- Brighton College by Allies and Morrison
- Southcape golf clubhouse by Mass Studies… features curving concrete canopies
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories