Architect Nobuhiro Nakamura of A-Asterisk has completed Leafy Shade, an interior design for an office building in Shanghai, China.
The lobby of the building - formerly a hotel - features a domed space with a leaf pattern to resemble a forest.
Nakamura is a Japanese architect based in Shanghai.
Here's some info from Nobuhiro:
FOREST IN THE OFFICE BUILDING
It is an interior design project for an office building which was renovated from an old hotel.
There are some space problems as using office. For example, the entrance hall was too small, and some common spaces was too dark.
So, we created a forest in the office building to make an impression of large and cozy space.
Project name: LEAFY SHADE
Location: SHANGHAI CHINA
Principle use: OFFICE, SHOPPINGMALL
Total floor area: 4000sqm
Design period: Aug. 2005 – Dec. 2006
Construction period: Nov. 2006 – Feb. 2008
Client; HAITAI REAL ESTATE
Architect; NOBUHIRO NAKAMURA (A-ASTERISK)
Signage designer: YUTAKA MAEDA (UJI DESIGN)
Lighting designer: MASAHIDE KAKUDATE
(BONBOLI LIGHTING ARCHITECTS & ASSOCIATES)
Collabolator: TSUTOMU FUJIOKA (A-I-SHA ARCHITECTS)
Constructor: SHEN ZHEN MEISHU CONSTRUCTION
Photographer: SYUHEI KAIHARA
- Harry Thaler adds mobile furniture and b…oxy beds to artists' apartment
- N10 Sports Facility by Comoco Architects
- Chit.Chat and Positive.Negative by J. Ma…yer H.
- Groninger Museum renovation by Studio Jo…b, Maarten Baas and Jaime Hayón
- Bat Studio creates reconfigurable steel …framework for Frenchologie boutique
- Tsutsumi & Associates converts Beijing f…actory into furniture brand headquarters
- Naturalizing Architecture at The Turbule…nces - FRAC Centre, Orléans
- LEGO Towers by Bjarke Ingels Group
- Rroomm by Ninkipen!
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories