Architect Nobuhiro Nakamura of A-Asterisk has completed Leafy Shade, an interior design for an office building in Shanghai, China.
The lobby of the building - formerly a hotel - features a domed space with a leaf pattern to resemble a forest.
Nakamura is a Japanese architect based in Shanghai.
Here's some info from Nobuhiro:
FOREST IN THE OFFICE BUILDING
It is an interior design project for an office building which was renovated from an old hotel.
There are some space problems as using office. For example, the entrance hall was too small, and some common spaces was too dark.
So, we created a forest in the office building to make an impression of large and cozy space.
Project name: LEAFY SHADE
Location: SHANGHAI CHINA
Principle use: OFFICE, SHOPPINGMALL
Total floor area: 4000sqm
Design period: Aug. 2005 – Dec. 2006
Construction period: Nov. 2006 – Feb. 2008
Client; HAITAI REAL ESTATE
Architect; NOBUHIRO NAKAMURA (A-ASTERISK)
Signage designer: YUTAKA MAEDA (UJI DESIGN)
Lighting designer: MASAHIDE KAKUDATE
(BONBOLI LIGHTING ARCHITECTS & ASSOCIATES)
Collabolator: TSUTOMU FUJIOKA (A-I-SHA ARCHITECTS)
Constructor: SHEN ZHEN MEISHU CONSTRUCTION
Photographer: SYUHEI KAIHARA
- Qantas First Lounges by Marc Newson
- Apartment in Paris by Pascal Grasso Arch…itectures
- Forest of One Room by Naruse Inokuma
- Kashiwa Hairdresser by Three.Ball.Cascad…e
- La Maison des Petits by Matali Crasset
- Campaign adds opulent gold and marble to… 3.1 Phillip Lim New York flagship store
- Heroes at Křehký Gallery
- Rainbow Church by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Textile Shipping Containers by Overtrede…rs W
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories