New pieces include Fracture table (above), Tapas chair (top image), Manta chair (below) and Hepburn sofa, which has been shortlisted for a 100% Design/Blueprint Design Award.
Hilton launched his own brand at 100% Design last year. See our previous story.
The solid wood furniture is produced by and can be purchased from De La Espada. Above: Hepburn Sofa
Here is some info from Matthew Hilton:
Matthew Hilton to launch four new products at 100% Design (18-21 September 2008)
Matthew Hilton will launch four new products at 100% Design this September extending the product range to eleven pieces. New products include Manta Chair, a stackable dining chair with a sculptural unification between the back and arm rest; Tapas Chair, a light, high-backed, three-legged dining chair inspired by the strong forms of Spain's characteristic objects; Fracture Table, a coffee table composed of three geometrically freeform tables that can be used together or separately; and Hepburn Sofa, a unique modular seating system with almost limitless configurations.
The Hepburn Sofa has been shortlisted for a Blueprint Design Award, which will be announced on 19 September 2008.
The Matthew Hilton furniture brand was established to give the designer complete creative freedom and was launched at 100% Design in 2007. The result is a sculptural range of solid wood furniture with technical ingenuity. Produced under license by De La Espada, the range benefits from the combined expertise of the collaborators, the products produced with the highest attention to quality of materials and manufacturing.
Matthew Hilton is one of Britain's most celebrated designers. His understated, meticulously detailed designs reflect a passion for natural materials, with a sharp eye on proportion and a profound understanding of manufacture.
- Buoy Lamps by PostlerFerguson
- Bruise suit shows para-athletes where th…ey are injured
- Carl Hansen & Søn updates Hans J Wegner…'s reversible tray table with smoked oak surfaces
- Works on Reflection II by Kim Thome at W…illiam Benington Gallery
- Lucy McRae experiments with negative pre…ssure to "prep humans to go to space"
- Cashmere blanket by Damien Hirst
- Dezeen Watch Store and friends at Interi…ors UK
- Foliage by Patricia Urquiola for Kartell
- Studio Glithero at Nilufar gallery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories