Slovenian architects OFIS have completed an apartment block in the centre of Nova Gorica, Slovenia.
The facade is composed of a 3D "lace" pattern that generates elements such as balconies, terraces and pergolas.
Photographs are by Tomaz Gregoric.
The following information is from OFIS Arhitekti:
The location of the apartment block is in the centre of Nova Gorica (population 32.000) – Nova Gorica is situated in the west of Slovenia, adjacent the Slovene – Italian border. It lies 92 meters above sea level.
The town has also very specific climate conditions – it is renowned is the hottest town in Slovenia in summer and very strong winds in winter.
The object is positioned on the fixed urban plot 48 x 16m x 5 floors. The formal concept reinstates three-dimensional lace which embraces the volume of the building.
Furthermore, the lace is transformed into functional elements – projecting roofs, pergolas, apartment dividing walls, terraces and balconies with loggias.
These elements are protecting external spaces and interior of apartments and provide additional privacy to inhabitants.
- Redhill Apartment by Studio SKLIM
- BIG & small House by Anonymous Architect…s
- Red houses by Group8
- Calatrava's Liège-Guillemins Station ca…ptured in new photographs by Luke Hayes
- House at Alibag by Malik Architecture
- Shenzhen Stock Exchange by OMA
- Lehmann Maupin Gallery Hong Kong by OMA
- Western Concourse at King’s Cross by J…ohn McAslan + Partners
- Monitoring and Investigation Center of F…urnas by Aires Mateus
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories