Slovenian architects OFIS have completed an apartment block in the centre of Nova Gorica, Slovenia.
The facade is composed of a 3D "lace" pattern that generates elements such as balconies, terraces and pergolas.
Photographs are by Tomaz Gregoric.
The following information is from OFIS Arhitekti:
The location of the apartment block is in the centre of Nova Gorica (population 32.000) – Nova Gorica is situated in the west of Slovenia, adjacent the Slovene – Italian border. It lies 92 meters above sea level.
The town has also very specific climate conditions – it is renowned is the hottest town in Slovenia in summer and very strong winds in winter.
The object is positioned on the fixed urban plot 48 x 16m x 5 floors. The formal concept reinstates three-dimensional lace which embraces the volume of the building.
Furthermore, the lace is transformed into functional elements – projecting roofs, pergolas, apartment dividing walls, terraces and balconies with loggias.
These elements are protecting external spaces and interior of apartments and provide additional privacy to inhabitants.
- Garden Tree House by Hironaka Ogawa
- Just K by Architekten Martenson und Na…gel Theissen
- House for Three Children by Masato Sek…iya
- CMA CGM Headquarters by Zaha Hadid pho…tographed by Hufton + Crow
- Embassy of the Czech Republic by Chalu…pa Architekti
- Vision 2030 by MVRDV
- BGU University Entrance Square by Chyu…tin Architects
- Holmenkollen ski jump by Julien de Sme…dt 2
- Volksbank Gifhorn by Stephan Braunfels… Architekten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories