Architect Asif Khan has completed West Beach Cafe, a beach cafe at Littlehampton in England.
The cafe is the sister of East Beach Cafe designed by Thomas Heatherwick, which opened last year. See our story about East Beach Cafe.
The following is from the cafe owners:
WEST BEACH CAFE – fish & chips
Hot on the heels of the multi-award winning building at East Beach, fantastic fish & chips will be served every day of the week in the WEST BEACH CAFE designed by Asif Khan.
Khan, 28, is a brilliant graduate of London’s world renowned avant-garde architectural school, The Architectural Association – alumni include Zaha Hadid and Richard Rogers.
The cafe is at the mouth of the River Arun and right on West Beach, Littlehampton - a beautiful, unspoilt beach and a designated area of Special Scientific Interest.
West Beach Cafe offers eat-in or take-away fish & chips, home made fishcakes and local ice cream plus one of the best views on the South Coast.
Created by East Beach Cafe head chef, Ritz-trained David Whiteside, the menu includes: fish & chips, salmon & parsley fishcakes, fried smelts, scampi, home made pea puree, toasted sandwiches, toasted fruit bread, local farmhouse cakes, locally roasted coffee & local ice cream.
All fish is from sustainable sources.
Even the cafe itself has been made locally –from the furniture to the lighting, the signage, the steelwork and the window frames – each item has been hand made by local craftsmen, many based in Littlehampton.
- Pike Loop by Gramazio & Kohler
- Johnson Chapel by Butler Rogers Baskett
- Cherem Arquitectos completes corrugated …concrete house in Mexico
- Perforated brick stairwells front Wise A…rchitecture's ABC office block
- Drones can "collaborate to build archite…ctural structures"
- Monconseil Sports Hall by Explorations A…rchitecture
- Dutchess House No. 1 by Grzywinski + Pon…s
- New photographs reveal the inside of Her…zog & de Meuron's Elbphilharmonie
- Livraria de Vila by Isay Weinfeld Arquit…ecto
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories