French artist Paul Coudamy has designed a cardboard office interior for an advertising agency in Paris, France.
He created furniture, twenty work stations, partitions, meeting rooms and storage using 4cm thick water-resistant honeycomb cardboard mounted with wood glue and tape.
Lighting in the space is made from umbrellas, which Coudamy claims "give a kind of magic."
Photographs by Benjamin Bocass.
The following information is from Paul Coudamy:
The challenge: to design an office space, in a 180 m² industrial room in the north of Paris for an advertising agency, in only one month for conception and production, with the most restricted budget.
The client needs 20 working posts separated in different spaces, a solution for small internal meetings with acoustic insulation, and storage.
Job has been done thanks to 4cm thick water resistant honeycomb cardboard, mounted with wood glue and tape, there is no additional structure.
1 Space is completly modular, all the partitions are mobile, a system of angles cuts afford both structure and customising solutions.
2 Storage mixes the raw estectic of honeycomb and the smooth cardboard partition.
3 Lighting breaks with the industrial atmosphere, umbrellas give a kind of magic.
4 Creation of a meeting box : «le confessional », for fast intern meeting hidden and isolated.
Paul Coudamy works on a wide range of projects and inventions.
From object design, interior architecture, experimental devices to artistic installations.
- Otsuka-Gofukuten kimono store by Yusuke …Seki
- Weinhandlung Kreis by Furch Gestaltung +… Production
- Step Inside bar by Giles Miller
- Camper store in Milan by Jaime Hayón
- "It's just as hard to do a good interior… as it is to do a good building"
- David Chipperfield models Bally flagship… store on 1920s Marcel Breuer interior
- Harajyuku MTG point by Upsetters Archite…cts
- Adrian Elizalde renovates 1930s tiled ap…artment in Barcelona
- Dental Office by Estudio Hago
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories