Here are a few images of the Design Tide exhibition, held in Tokyo from 30 October to 3 November.
The exhibition was directed by Makoto Tanijiri of Suppose and featured translucent fabric booths suspended from helium-filled balloons.
Design Tide ran concurrently with Tokyo Designers Week. See all our coverage of both events here.
More work from Design Tide Tokyo 2008 coming soon...
- "Heat-shrinking the polystyrene cups cre…ated beautiful shapes" - Paul Cocksedge
- Gradation and Cube Air Vases by Torafu A…rchitects for Ligne Roset
- Knitted tree and creatures by Donna Wils…on for the Stepney Green Design Collection
- Zlin cutlery by Future Systems
- Dominic Wilcox to build driverless car m…ade out of stained glass
- Grappa chandelier by Claesson Koivisto R…une hangs in strings of grape-like forms
- Lego Minifigures hacked with Sugru to cr…eate iPhone cable holders
- Arrojadoa by Jaime Hayón
- Nendo creates chocolatey waves for Maiso…n&Objet installation
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories