Nan16 is a lamp with a power socket in the shade, designed by Sebastian Herkner.
The lamps and other electrical appliances can be connected in series; Herkner describes the product as "a lamp for the dining table to plug a toaster or raclette, as well as for your personal workplace to charge the notebook."
Nan16 is produced by Swiss manufacturers Nanoo.
The following information is from Herkner:
Being manufactured through traditional metal compression process, the ceiling and floor lamps of the plug series have their secret and innovation in the lampshade. The idea behind the design is that the nearest source of electricity at any kind of table is the lamp at the ceiling over the table. The lamp plug seizes this idea and upgrades its conventional function with an additional feature.
A separate socket is attached to the lamp for any electric appliances with a bus bar to the middle of the bottom part of the lamp shade.
The lamp series plug is suitable for various lighting atmospheres and situations of both living and working. It can stand for a lamp for the dining table to plug a toaster or raclette, as well as for your personal workplace to charge the notebook.
- Shanghai by hop!design
- Interactive slideshow: Normann Copenhage…n's latest furniture collection
- Design Real at the Serpentine Gallery
- Up to 25% off in the Dezeen Watch Store …winter sale
- Spun chair by Thomas Heatherwick
- Fashion fabric brand Vlisco to work with… "a list of designers"
- Ora-Ïto's Nikeames shoe is an "homage t…o Charles and Ray"
- PXR-8 watch by Michael Young
- Torafu Architects hides dolls' house wit…hin a wooden chair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories