In the third episode of our video interview with the winners of the Designer of the Year award at Design Miami 2008, Brazilian designers Humberto and Fernando Campana talk about how they became designers and discuss their Vermelha chair (above), their first project to gain international success.
Click the movie above to play. We will be posting the final episode of the film next week.
The film also features footage taken in the Campanas' studio showing sketches (Favela chair, above) and works-in-progress (chair with dolls, below).
The film was created in association with HSBC Private Bank. Design Miami takes place from 3-6 December.
- New S14-1 Collection by Nixon is now ava…ilable at Dezeen Watch Store
- Dezeen Platform: Wrap magazine issue thr…ee
- The Fourth-Dimension by Orawee Choedamph…ai
- Is This the Coolest Chair Ever Made? by …Charlie Davidson
- Patterned plates decorated using a pendu…lum
- The Espresso Lamp by Fly-Pitcher
- Curve Frame Sofa Set by Hyung Suk Cho
- Peroni Collaborazioni Talks: Fabio Novem…bre part 2
- Deviazione and 3Dzionale by Guido Garott…i
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories