In the third episode of our video interview with the winners of the Designer of the Year award at Design Miami 2008, Brazilian designers Humberto and Fernando Campana talk about how they became designers and discuss their Vermelha chair (above), their first project to gain international success.
Click the movie above to play. We will be posting the final episode of the film next week.
The film also features footage taken in the Campanas' studio showing sketches (Favela chair, above) and works-in-progress (chair with dolls, below).
The film was created in association with HSBC Private Bank. Design Miami takes place from 3-6 December.
- Kenny by Raw Edges for Moroso
- Turtle by Sehwan Oh
- Ladder by Charlie Styrbjörn Design
- Luca Nichetto combines Danish and Italia…n design for Cloud seating range
- Fountain Hacks by LIKEarchitects and Ric…ardo Dourado
- Meike Harde's metal-mesh Hybrid Cabinet …displays and protects its contents
- In a Pinch shelving system by Arttu Kuis…ma
- Non-Woven by Christian Kocx
- Konstantin Grcic presents his vision of …the future at Vitra Design Museum solo show
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories