In the third episode of our video interview with the winners of the Designer of the Year award at Design Miami 2008, Brazilian designers Humberto and Fernando Campana talk about how they became designers and discuss their Vermelha chair (above), their first project to gain international success.
Click the movie above to play. We will be posting the final episode of the film next week.
The film also features footage taken in the Campanas' studio showing sketches (Favela chair, above) and works-in-progress (chair with dolls, below).
The film was created in association with HSBC Private Bank. Design Miami takes place from 3-6 December.
- Zaha Hadid and Hopkins among architects …to design London water fountains
- GTF unveil neon installation
- New MINI Clubman
- The Longest Bench by Studio Weave
- Das Haus by Luca Nichetto
- Fang by Iris van Herpen and United Nude
- The Royal Family Stools by Ellen Heilman…n
- Jet Set by Jaime Hayón
- Blur by Big-game
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories