In the third episode of our video interview with the winners of the Designer of the Year award at Design Miami 2008, Brazilian designers Humberto and Fernando Campana talk about how they became designers and discuss their Vermelha chair (above), their first project to gain international success.
Click the movie above to play. We will be posting the final episode of the film next week.
The film also features footage taken in the Campanas' studio showing sketches (Favela chair, above) and works-in-progress (chair with dolls, below).
The film was created in association with HSBC Private Bank. Design Miami takes place from 3-6 December.
- Out of the Woods at the V&A museum
- Papela by Meirav Barzilay
- Cloud Table by Studio Maks recharges p…hones
- Postable by Studio Toer
- Interview: Johanna Agerman-Ross at Dez…een Studio
- Extra-ORdinary by Jennifer Rabatel
- Simon Morasi Piperčić stretches belt… leather over steel frame to create Strain chair
- Another Ceramic Candlestick by Marie D…essuant for Another Country
- Moritz Waldemeyer in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories