The face of The Resolver (above) displays the words 'yes' and 'no' alternately, while Loves Me (top image) displays 'Loves me' and 'Loves me not'. The wearer can stop the mechanism to read the answer to a question by pulling up the winding crown.
The brooches are each produced in a limited edition of 25.
The following information is from Mr Jones Watches:
Mr Jones Watches has released a pair of limited edition sterling silver brooches. The brooches have kinetic, animated displays, just like our watches (but without the clutter of the hour and minute hands!) The brooches are interactive objects - they can be used to answer questions, or resolve romantic dilemmas...
The brooches are designed by Crispin Jones and are hand crafted and hallmarked in England. They are each produced in a limited edition of 25 pieces and come in a wooden MJW presentation box with a signed limited-edition card.
The Resolver contains the essence of the Decider watches: The face of the brooch alternates the words "YES" and "NO" in a colourful optical pattern. This brooch is interactive - it can be used to make decisions: simply think of a question and then pull-up the winding crown to pause the mechanism, whatever the display is showing is your answer.
The Resolver £230 (US$295 / €270*)
This brooch contains the essence of the Loves Me watch, the design is inspired by the game of effeuiller la marguerite in which “loves me, loves me not” is spoken while plucking the petals of a flower. The display on Loves Me rhythmically alternates the phrases "Loves Me" / "Loves Me Not".
Loves Me is also interactive - it can be used to answer a romantic dilemma: think of the object of your affections and then pull up the winding crown (this will temporarily pause the mechanism). Whatever the display is showing is cupid's verdict.
Loves Me £230 (US$295 / €270*)
- Finger Farm and Finger Fairytale by Héc…tor Serrano
- BaObab by Philippe Starck for Vitra
- New Resin Series by Jo Nagasaka for Esta…blished & Sons
- Skrivo's Halo chair comprises two parts …that slot together
- Mutagenesis by Arne Quinze at Abitare Il… Tempo
- Zouhria by Massimiliano and Doriana Fuks…as Architects
- Interview: a Flip Flop Story by Diederik… Schneemann
- "There is a little bit of playfulness in… Orolog watches" - Jaime Hayón
- Presence in Absence by Colm Keller
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories