Resembling kitchen utensils, the images are part of a project called Little Wonders that Yamamoto completed while studying at the Design Academy Eindhoven in the Netherlands.
Here's some text from the designer:
When I was little I lived in the countryside, very close to the world of insects. I always enjoyed watching their many different shapes, colors and behavior – sometimes they made me scared and sometimes fascinated me.
After I moved away from my parents’ house to the big city, I was seeing less insects and I almost started forgetting the great times I spent with them.
In Little Wonders I evoke the same feeling as I had in my childhood and express those feelings in four different ways - Kitchen Insects, HOTARU, Hatching Yourself and Penna (see the other three projects on Yamamoto's website).
Kitchen Insects project is a graphic illustration of imaginary insects in a kitchen.
More Dezeen stories about BCXSY:
- Scrapwood Wallpaper 2 by Piet Hein Eek f…or NLXL
- Simple by Philippe Malouin
- Bucchero by Siba Sahabi
- Balloon Chair by h220430 appears to floa…t above the ground
- Seasons by Valentin Loellmann
- Dezeen podcast: Alberto Alessi at the De…sign Museum
- Between Two Rivers by Siba Sahabi
- AA Stools by Torafu Architects
- Chariot by GamFratesi for Casamania
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories