Villa in the Dunes is a house designed by architects Zandbelt&vandenBerg, located at the edge of the dunes in the Hook of Holland, the Netherlands.
The ground floor of the three-storey residence is partly covered by the dunes and includes a guest house.
Photographs by Christian Richters.
The following text is from Zandbelt&vandenBerg
Villa in the dunes
Hoek van Holland
A villa for an art-loving couple has been completed at the edge of the dunes of Hook of Holland.
The entrance level is situated in the dunes as a bunker and consists of a guesthouse, besides the entrance functions.
The piano nobile, the residents’ daily domain, is organized around a patio.
The living on the front gives access to a dunegarden through a terrace.
On the other side the kitchen hovers above the ground.
On top of this all, the master bedroom.
An exterior staircase leads to a roof terrace and provides a panorama on the surrounding dune landscape and its bunkers. The sea lures at the horizon.
Daan Zandbelt and Rogier van den Berg with Tom Bokkers, David Luque
Pieter & Diana van Toor
- Drift by Snarkitecture
- Hawthbush extension by Mole Architects
- Wine Museum in Lavaux by Mauro Turin Arc…hitectes
- Dreamhost offices by Studio O+A
- Optical Glass House by Hiroshi Nakamura …& NAP
- Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners hands ov…er the Leadenhall Building for fit out
- A House by FKL Architects
- The Observatory is a mobile charred-timb…er artist's studio by Feilden Clegg Bradley
- House in Meco by Jorge Mealha Arquitecto
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories