Villa in the Dunes is a house designed by architects Zandbelt&vandenBerg, located at the edge of the dunes in the Hook of Holland, the Netherlands.
The ground floor of the three-storey residence is partly covered by the dunes and includes a guest house.
Photographs by Christian Richters.
The following text is from Zandbelt&vandenBerg
Villa in the dunes
Hoek van Holland
A villa for an art-loving couple has been completed at the edge of the dunes of Hook of Holland.
The entrance level is situated in the dunes as a bunker and consists of a guesthouse, besides the entrance functions.
The piano nobile, the residents’ daily domain, is organized around a patio.
The living on the front gives access to a dunegarden through a terrace.
On the other side the kitchen hovers above the ground.
On top of this all, the master bedroom.
An exterior staircase leads to a roof terrace and provides a panorama on the surrounding dune landscape and its bunkers. The sea lures at the horizon.
Daan Zandbelt and Rogier van den Berg with Tom Bokkers, David Luque
Pieter & Diana van Toor
- Maitencillo House by Mas Fernandez Arqui…tectos sits at the mouth of a Chilean valley
- MAPA's XAN House in Brazil combines raw …concrete with slatted timber
- Museum in Palmiry by WXCA
- Yuusuke Karasawa's maze-like S House has… an entirely transparent facade
- Carl Turner design open-source house tha…t floats on floodwater
- Casax5 by MZC Architettura
- Cottages at Fallingwater by Patkau Archi…tects
- Penda's doughnut-shaped House O is based… on the form of a tree stump
- House in Sayo by FujiwaraMuro Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories