Villa in the Dunes is a house designed by architects Zandbelt&vandenBerg, located at the edge of the dunes in the Hook of Holland, the Netherlands.
The ground floor of the three-storey residence is partly covered by the dunes and includes a guest house.
Photographs by Christian Richters.
The following text is from Zandbelt&vandenBerg
Villa in the dunes
Hoek van Holland
A villa for an art-loving couple has been completed at the edge of the dunes of Hook of Holland.
The entrance level is situated in the dunes as a bunker and consists of a guesthouse, besides the entrance functions.
The piano nobile, the residents’ daily domain, is organized around a patio.
The living on the front gives access to a dunegarden through a terrace.
On the other side the kitchen hovers above the ground.
On top of this all, the master bedroom.
An exterior staircase leads to a roof terrace and provides a panorama on the surrounding dune landscape and its bunkers. The sea lures at the horizon.
Daan Zandbelt and Rogier van den Berg with Tom Bokkers, David Luque
Pieter & Diana van Toor
- Indigo Hotel by Sebastián Irarrazaval
- Double Family Home by Chris Lim
- Ocean Avenue Project by Frank Gehry
- Zaha Hadid in Abu Dhabi update
- Vidigal House by Contaminar has a V-shap…ed plan enclosing a triangular garden
- Duplex House in Tokito by Hidehiro Fukud…a Architects
- Lightwell House by Kimizuka Architects
- MVRDV's Pushed Slab office block has a h…uge hole in its middle
- Belly House by Tomohiro Hata
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories