Villa in the Dunes is a house designed by architects Zandbelt&vandenBerg, located at the edge of the dunes in the Hook of Holland, the Netherlands.
The ground floor of the three-storey residence is partly covered by the dunes and includes a guest house.
Photographs by Christian Richters.
The following text is from Zandbelt&vandenBerg
Villa in the dunes
Hoek van Holland
A villa for an art-loving couple has been completed at the edge of the dunes of Hook of Holland.
The entrance level is situated in the dunes as a bunker and consists of a guesthouse, besides the entrance functions.
The piano nobile, the residents’ daily domain, is organized around a patio.
The living on the front gives access to a dunegarden through a terrace.
On the other side the kitchen hovers above the ground.
On top of this all, the master bedroom.
An exterior staircase leads to a roof terrace and provides a panorama on the surrounding dune landscape and its bunkers. The sea lures at the horizon.
Daan Zandbelt and Rogier van den Berg with Tom Bokkers, David Luque
Pieter & Diana van Toor
- Shadow House by Jonathan Tuckey Design
- Apartment in Kamitakada by Takeshi Yam…agata Architects
- Live-work block in Japan by Kouichi Ki…mura features a steel-plated facade
- Port Fairy House 2 by Farnan Findlay A…rchitects
- Daaf Geluk School by KoningEllis Archi…tects
- The Guangyun Entrance by Plasma Studio
- Darwin Centre by CF Møller
- House made of solid stone in Lyon by P…erraudin Architecture
- Medical Centre in Milagro by Doblee Ar…chitects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories