Villa in the Dunes is a house designed by architects Zandbelt&vandenBerg, located at the edge of the dunes in the Hook of Holland, the Netherlands.
The ground floor of the three-storey residence is partly covered by the dunes and includes a guest house.
Photographs by Christian Richters.
The following text is from Zandbelt&vandenBerg
Villa in the dunes
Hoek van Holland
A villa for an art-loving couple has been completed at the edge of the dunes of Hook of Holland.
The entrance level is situated in the dunes as a bunker and consists of a guesthouse, besides the entrance functions.
The piano nobile, the residents’ daily domain, is organized around a patio.
The living on the front gives access to a dunegarden through a terrace.
On the other side the kitchen hovers above the ground.
On top of this all, the master bedroom.
An exterior staircase leads to a roof terrace and provides a panorama on the surrounding dune landscape and its bunkers. The sea lures at the horizon.
Daan Zandbelt and Rogier van den Berg with Tom Bokkers, David Luque
Pieter & Diana van Toor
- Slussen Masterplan, Stockholm by Foster …+ Partners
- Dadong Art Centre by MAYU Architects and… de Architekten Cie
- Twenty-First Century Design by Marcus Fa…irs
- 4n house by Ninkipen!
- Casa Cerrada Reforma 108 by DCPP Arquite…ctos
- Movie: Hayrack Apartments by OFIS Arhite…kti
- MuCEM by Rudy Ricciotti photographed by …Edmund Sumner
- Key projects by Toyo Ito
- BT House by Studio Guilherme Torres
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories