Design Indaba 09: the third in our series of videos from the Design Indaba conference and expo taking place in Cape Town this week features David Boira and Zoë Coombes of New York architecture and design outfit Commonwealth.
Here's some info about Commonwealth from Design Indaba:
Profession: Product Designer/Architect
Conference: Design Indaba 2009
Country: United States of America
City: New York
David Boira and Zoë Coombes are two architecturally trained furniture designers who work together under the studio name Commonwealth, based in New York. Both hold a Masters of Architecture from Columbia University’s Graduate School of Architecture.
Commonwealth’s works have been showcased in galleries in Europe, America and the Middle East, and culture-driven clients such as Issey Miyake and Warp Records have commissioned their architectural and visual designs. Working within the world of contemporary art and industrial furniture design, Commonwealth aims to produce work that embodies a sense of elegant desire through an engagement with both the newest of tools and the oldest of techniques.
- Decouper Toile Collection and Bloody H…ell by Timorous Beasties
- Tobias Rehberger covers HMS President …in "dazzle camouflage"
- Neri&Hu for De La Espada
- .ORI sto by Jakub Piotr Kalinowski
- K01 by Marc Newson for Pentax
- The Woolly Chair by Jason Miller
- Angell, Wyller & Aarseth's Saddle Chai…r features pockets in each arm
- Shoes by Tea Petrovic
- Gentlemen’s Room 1953 by Snodevormge…vers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories