Located at Sobral da Lagoa in Óbidos near the west coast of Portugal, the house occupies a plot between two existing houses.
Windows in the white facade are glazed in different colours.
A swimming pool on the roof of the garage overlooks fields behind the site.
The following text is from Bak Gordon:
House in Sobral da Lagoa
In a rural, vernacular village near the west coast, a white volume fills-in the void left between two houses.
The house has two faces: one facing the access and another facing the fields. In both cases, it's the character of the coloured window openings that animates their composition.
The roof extends the house perimeter to the depth of the adjacent houses and plots.
Facing the fields, the pool sets the line of the horizon while giving a roof to the storage and garage underneath.
- Sliver House by Boyarsky Murphy Archit…ects slots into a three-metre-wide space
- Edges Apartments designed by Studio To…ggle to resemble a pile of stacked blocks
- Tetris Apartments by OFIS Arhitekti
- London 2012 Velodrome by Hopkins Archi…tects
- ZMS Schwandorf Administration Building… by Archimedialab
- Maggie's Nottingham by CZWG and Paul S…mith
- Óscar Miguel Ares Álvarez converts S…panish slaughterhouse into community centre
- Casa en el Campo by Benjamín Murúa a…nd Constanza Infante S
- FCC Arquitectura slots family home wit…hin stone walls of dilapidated farmhouse
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories