Located at Sobral da Lagoa in Óbidos near the west coast of Portugal, the house occupies a plot between two existing houses.
Windows in the white facade are glazed in different colours.
A swimming pool on the roof of the garage overlooks fields behind the site.
The following text is from Bak Gordon:
House in Sobral da Lagoa
In a rural, vernacular village near the west coast, a white volume fills-in the void left between two houses.
The house has two faces: one facing the access and another facing the fields. In both cases, it's the character of the coloured window openings that animates their composition.
The roof extends the house perimeter to the depth of the adjacent houses and plots.
Facing the fields, the pool sets the line of the horizon while giving a roof to the storage and garage underneath.
- Copenhagen Culture House + Library by CO…BE and Transform
- Movie: 1111 Lincoln Road by Herzog & de …Meuron
- The Cube by Electrolux
- House NSV by ADN Architectures and Olivi…er Dubucq Architecte
- New Street Gateway by Foreign Office Arc…hitects
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2011 by Pete…r Zumthor photographed by Julien Lanoo
- Civic Sports Center and 2013 National Ga…mes Arena by Emergent
- VitraHaus by Herzog & de Meuron 2
- Alley by Apollo Architects & Associates
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories