Each Web Chair features 2000 welds.
Hashimoto will present her work under on a stand calle Books, which is a collaboration with designer Tatsuo Yamamoto.
Here's some text from Hashimoto:
Last year, I was honored to receive the Design Report Award Special Mention, for my “Thin Chair”. I am happy to inform you that I will be joining the SaloneSatellite again this year.
In 2009, I will be joining the exhibit with a design platform—books. The design platform is created by Tatsuo Yamamoto and Jun Hashimoto and will participate in the Milan SaloneSatellite 2009.
Design : Jun Hashimoto
Photo by Satoshi Asakawa
A Chair that appears and disappears like a spider web. The weightlessness (approx. 2.1kgs) allows a woman to hold the chair with just one hand. Stainless steel wire/length: approx. 140m, diameter: 1.5mm. Approximately 2000 welding points holds the chair together.
Please be sure to stop by our booth when visiting the I Saloni Milano 2009
22nd-27th April 2009
Stand A-10 Pavilion 22-24
Fiera Milano Milan (RHO), Italy
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
- "There's a real reason to invest in Ne…w York's design sector"
- Blood pack of Santa Claus by Kiseung L…ee
- Barber & Osgerby's Pilot chairs for Kn…oll feature oversized square backs
- Simon Legald designs stackable melamin…e trays for Normann Copenhagen
- Nature Intérieure by Matali Crasset
- "When you try to separate art and desi…gn you create a ghetto" - Job Smeets
- Invitation: Dezeen Watch Store autumn …event 7 November
- Revised Craft by Sjoerd Vroonland
- Rain Room by rAndom International at t…he Barbican
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories