Each Web Chair features 2000 welds.
Hashimoto will present her work under on a stand calle Books, which is a collaboration with designer Tatsuo Yamamoto.
Here's some text from Hashimoto:
Last year, I was honored to receive the Design Report Award Special Mention, for my “Thin Chair”. I am happy to inform you that I will be joining the SaloneSatellite again this year.
In 2009, I will be joining the exhibit with a design platform—books. The design platform is created by Tatsuo Yamamoto and Jun Hashimoto and will participate in the Milan SaloneSatellite 2009.
Design : Jun Hashimoto
Photo by Satoshi Asakawa
A Chair that appears and disappears like a spider web. The weightlessness (approx. 2.1kgs) allows a woman to hold the chair with just one hand. Stainless steel wire/length: approx. 140m, diameter: 1.5mm. Approximately 2000 welding points holds the chair together.
Please be sure to stop by our booth when visiting the I Saloni Milano 2009
22nd-27th April 2009
Stand A-10 Pavilion 22-24
Fiera Milano Milan (RHO), Italy
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
- Architonic Concept Space III by Oskar Zi…eta
- Movie: Erwan Bouroullec on Pico tiles at… Clerkenwell Design Week
- Deafinite Style by Designaffairs Studio
- Bouroullecs and Heatherwick for Magis
- Hoof by Samuel Wilkinson for &tradition
- Laura Jungmann and Cornelius Réer "upcy…cle" glassware into new objects
- New work from Stuart Haygarth
- Intimacy by Studio Roosegaarde and V2_
- XS architecture vs XL furniture by Worap…ong Manupipatpong
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories