The fabric structures are inspired by vintage tailoring.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's an explanation from Färg:
RE:cover - Bespoke dresses for old chairs.
The project looks to the beauty of those shapes that never change. Fredrik takes his inspiration from classic tailoring, such as suits and
dinner jackets that never go out of style.
By using old chairs from flea markets and removing the backrest, replacing it with a new textile dress/structure of mouldable polyester felt, he is creating “slow fashion” furniture, giving the old chairs a new glance.
Material: Old chairs and a new cover of 100% recyclable polyester felt.
- Armadiature by Robi Renzi
- Bronze Age by Philippe-Albert Lefebvre
- Famiglia Grande by Kacey Wong
- Carl Hansen & Søn updates Hans J Wegner…'s reversible tray table with smoked oak surfaces
- Eight of the best (and worst) iWatch con…cept guesses
- Workout Computer by Bless keeps you fit …while you type
- Piet Zwart Institute students combine mu…sical instruments with furniture and homeware
- Dumbo by Tomek Rygalik for Moroso
- Simon Heijdens creates "moving kaleidosc…ope of light" at London gallery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories