The fabric structures are inspired by vintage tailoring.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's an explanation from Färg:
RE:cover - Bespoke dresses for old chairs.
The project looks to the beauty of those shapes that never change. Fredrik takes his inspiration from classic tailoring, such as suits and
dinner jackets that never go out of style.
By using old chairs from flea markets and removing the backrest, replacing it with a new textile dress/structure of mouldable polyester felt, he is creating “slow fashion” furniture, giving the old chairs a new glance.
Material: Old chairs and a new cover of 100% recyclable polyester felt.
- F-A-B chairs by Färg & Blanche
- Deimatic Clothing mimics animal defence …mechanisms to get women cycling
- Sandwichbike flat-pack wooden bicycle by… PedalFactory goes into production
- Passing Cloud by Tiago Barros
- The Bradley timepiece for blind people p…roves inclusive design has wide appeal
- "Victorian Seven Dials was known for sha…dy characters and wayward ladies" - Vic Lee
- Blur by Big-game
- B-side by Hussein Chalayan at Spring Pro…jects
- Stair-Rover by Po-Chih Lai update
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories