The fabric structures are inspired by vintage tailoring.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's an explanation from Färg:
RE:cover - Bespoke dresses for old chairs.
The project looks to the beauty of those shapes that never change. Fredrik takes his inspiration from classic tailoring, such as suits and
dinner jackets that never go out of style.
By using old chairs from flea markets and removing the backrest, replacing it with a new textile dress/structure of mouldable polyester felt, he is creating “slow fashion” furniture, giving the old chairs a new glance.
Material: Old chairs and a new cover of 100% recyclable polyester felt.
- Campana Brothers video interview 2
- The Bradley Black tactile timepiece laun…ches exclusively at Dezeen Watch Store
- Vitra launches a lounge chair by Hella J…ongerius in Milan
- Elephant Lounge Chair by Mediodesign
- Cellulose tableware that never needs was…hing up
- Wooden tray replaces one arm of LaSelva'…s Cosmo sofa
- Dezeen and MINI Frontiers showcased "pro…vocative ideas" for future travel
- Flat Surgery by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Advances in design software mean "materi…als are becoming media"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories