The fabric structures are inspired by vintage tailoring.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's an explanation from Färg:
RE:cover - Bespoke dresses for old chairs.
The project looks to the beauty of those shapes that never change. Fredrik takes his inspiration from classic tailoring, such as suits and
dinner jackets that never go out of style.
By using old chairs from flea markets and removing the backrest, replacing it with a new textile dress/structure of mouldable polyester felt, he is creating “slow fashion” furniture, giving the old chairs a new glance.
Material: Old chairs and a new cover of 100% recyclable polyester felt.
- Seungji Mun's Economical Chair is desi…gned to minimise waste
- Design Talks at Design Miami 08: trans…cripts
- Analarm by Industrial Facility
- Z.Car by Zaha Hadid
- Babel Blocks by Boym Partners
- Disfatto by Denis Guidone for D3co
- Peca's Lava plates are made from half-…polished volcanic stone
- Tiny devices replicate human organs to… provide an alternative drug-testing method
- //Slash sofa by Adrien Rovero for Camp…eggi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories