The fabric structures are inspired by vintage tailoring.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's an explanation from Färg:
RE:cover - Bespoke dresses for old chairs.
The project looks to the beauty of those shapes that never change. Fredrik takes his inspiration from classic tailoring, such as suits and
dinner jackets that never go out of style.
By using old chairs from flea markets and removing the backrest, replacing it with a new textile dress/structure of mouldable polyester felt, he is creating “slow fashion” furniture, giving the old chairs a new glance.
Material: Old chairs and a new cover of 100% recyclable polyester felt.
- Movie: Tom Dixon at Design Miami
- "There's a real reason to invest in New …York's design sector"
- Your Mobile Expectations by Olafur Elias…son
- Astrium space jet by Marc Newson
- Built to Resi(s)t by Quinze & Milan and …Eastpak
- Cycling shoes by Tracey Neuls for Tokyob…ike
- Sketch lamp by Hung-Ming Chen and Ninna …Kapadia
- Vague Clock by Sejoon Kim
- Art commissions at Heathrow Terminal Fiv…e
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories