The opaque condoms fit over clear incandescent bulbs - which are not affected by the guidelines - to give a similar effect to the banned bulbs.
Here's some text from Maurer:
The Euro Condom consists of a thin, heat-resistant silicone cover that turns a clear bulb into a frosted one. Frosted bulbs will be banned by the new EU guideline on light sources beginning September 2009, because they are said give off less light than clear bulbs.
But according to the specifications of various manufacturers the difference, measured in lumens, is negligible or not existing. – Protect yourself from stupid rules, use the Euro Condom!
- Furniture by Carl Hagerling
- 2013 was "a year of seminal women design…ers" says Design Miami director
- Moroso "gave me a chance," says designer… Ross Lovegrove
- Help! I Want to Save a Life by Graham Do…uglas for Help Remedies and DKMS
- Gabriel Chandelier at the Château de Ve…rsailles by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Alternative 2012 souvenirs
- Vindobona by Claesson Koivisto Rune
- Design Department Store at SCP
- In Between by BCXSY for Inframince
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories