Israeli architects SO have completed an ice cream and yogurt parlour in an old carpentry shop in Ramat Ishay.
The shop features two linear elements that rise and fall to form benches and tables to draw customers towards the seating area at the rear.
Graphic design is by FIRMA.
Photographs are by Asaf Oren.
Here's some info from SO Architecture:
In the industrial zone of Ramat Ishay northern Israel, Inside an old abandoned carpentry shop a new branch of the Leggenda ice cream and yogurt was put up.
To design a space with an airy and calm feeling, that the customer desired, in the space we had to work with, was rather difficult.
This difficulty was caused by very low ceiling of only 2.30 m, the very long and narrow proportion of 4.50X18.50 m of the place on the fondation of the building that invaded into the inner space.
The main idea was to create two linear elements that will lead the costumer into the deepest parts of the shop where the cozy sitting places are located. By doing so the visitor passes by the ice-cream and yogurt displays.
One element constructed by Lamy pine wood serves as sitting bar and camouflage for the foundations of the building.
The other linear element, serves as the display for the ice cream and yogurt displays. We used dark colored concrete as paving in order to highlight these two elements.
The entrance steel door and welcome roof were created as a single piece. The large door and facade were slightly submerged into the inner space in order to entice the visitor into the place.
Leggenda Ice Cream and Yogurt
Team: SO Architecture - Shachar Lulav, Oded Rozenkier, Alejandro Fejnerman, Ofrit Eshel
Graphic Design: FIRMA - http://www.brandhouse.co.il/
Location: Ramat Ishay, Israel
- Interview with Bas Princen
- Administration Curricular Building Liceo… María Auxiliadora by Surco Studio
- Schuler Villa by Andrea Pelati Architect…e
- Movie by Cristobal Palma: Coliseos by Gi…ancarlo Mazzanti Arquitectos and Felipe Mesa
- Solar-powered housing by Louise Braverma…n accommodates medical staff in an African village
- Bølgen by MAPT
- Maiden Tower by Marte.Marte Architects
- Spaceworkers' 07CBE House features canti…levered and transparent storeys
- Australian Plant Bank by BVN Donovan Hil…l dedicated to preserving native seeds
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories