Designer Chris Martin of Swedish company Massproductions has designed a stool made of laminated beech.
Called Harry, the product comprises two curved, laminated components held together by solid, wooden wedges.
A prototype of the stool was first shown alongside the company's debut collection (see our previous story) at the Stockholm Furniture Fair in February and the design has now been put into production.
Photographs are by Julia Hetta.
Here's a little text from Martin:
MASSPRODUCTIONS PRESENTS THE “HARRY” STOOL. DESIGNED BY CHRIS MARTIN.
Two pieces of layer-glued beech held together by solid wooden wedges.
This simple concept led to a charming stool which can also function as a footrest or a side table. The Harry stool has pleasing tactile qualities and is available in two heights and three surface finishes; natural, black and white stained.
More about Massproductions on Dezeen:
- Quand Jim se Relaxe by Matali Crasset
- American Apparel launches collection w…ith Memphis Group's Nathalie Du Pasquier
- Mark the last veil by Roos Kuipers
- Products of Silviculture by Sebastian …Cox
- Droog New York by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Orbit by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- 300 Coloured Vases by Hella Jongerius …at Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
- Dick, Pussy & Ass by Arik Levy
- Chest of Suitcases by Maarten de Ceula…er
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories