Designer Chris Martin of Swedish company Massproductions has designed a stool made of laminated beech.
Called Harry, the product comprises two curved, laminated components held together by solid, wooden wedges.
A prototype of the stool was first shown alongside the company's debut collection (see our previous story) at the Stockholm Furniture Fair in February and the design has now been put into production.
Photographs are by Julia Hetta.
Here's a little text from Martin:
MASSPRODUCTIONS PRESENTS THE “HARRY” STOOL. DESIGNED BY CHRIS MARTIN.
Two pieces of layer-glued beech held together by solid wooden wedges.
This simple concept led to a charming stool which can also function as a footrest or a side table. The Harry stool has pleasing tactile qualities and is available in two heights and three surface finishes; natural, black and white stained.
More about Massproductions on Dezeen:
- Jonas Wagell designs Concrete Lamp for M…enu
- Design Probes 2007 by Philips Design at …Dutch Design Week
- Grand cabinets by Mathieu Gustafsson and… Niklas Karlsson
- Plumen low-energy bulbs by Hulger
- Christmas Tree Furniture by Fabien Cappe…llo
- Solid Shell by VW+BS for Decode at Bench… 10
- Furniture that looks like line drawings …by Jinil Park
- "I brought bird cages back to the Seven …Dials area" - Dominic Wilcox
- Ilpox by Marina Hoermanseder
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories