Designer Chris Martin of Swedish company Massproductions has designed a stool made of laminated beech.
Called Harry, the product comprises two curved, laminated components held together by solid, wooden wedges.
A prototype of the stool was first shown alongside the company's debut collection (see our previous story) at the Stockholm Furniture Fair in February and the design has now been put into production.
Photographs are by Julia Hetta.
Here's a little text from Martin:
MASSPRODUCTIONS PRESENTS THE “HARRY” STOOL. DESIGNED BY CHRIS MARTIN.
Two pieces of layer-glued beech held together by solid wooden wedges.
This simple concept led to a charming stool which can also function as a footrest or a side table. The Harry stool has pleasing tactile qualities and is available in two heights and three surface finishes; natural, black and white stained.
More about Massproductions on Dezeen:
- New watches at the Dezeen Watch Store
- Magnetic dresses by Iris van Herpen and …Jólan van der Wiel
- Furniture made from waste tiles by Tsuyo…shi Hayashi
- Final issues of FOMO released as project… prepares to visit Venice
- I Have a Lifestyle model-kit window inst…allation by Fabio Novembre for Tommy Hilfiger
- Cutting Edge sofa by Martijn Rigters cut… from block of foam using hot wires
- Rough & Smooth collection by Tom Dixon
- Daan Roosegaarde's glowing Van Gogh cycl…e path to open in the Netherlands
- Stilthouses and Bidonvilles by Arne Quin…ze
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories