The pavilion is covered in thatched palm-fibre from Indonesia and will be used as a venue for events over the summer.
The brief required that the pavilion have bar areas, provide shade and seating, and incorporate water.
Cooling air is drawn across concrete troughs of water and upwards through the chimney-like structures, which also provide shade for visitors.
Photographs are by Florian Holzherr.
Also, take a look at Dezeen's top ten: pavilions.
Update 29/07/2009: The architects have requested that we change the images for this new set and have also provided images of the models.
- Farewell Chapel by OFIS Arhitekti
- Infant Educational Centre Cullar Vega by… Solinas + Verd Arquitectos
- Renovated house turned around to face th…e sun by Architecture Architecture
- CO2 Cubes by Alfio Bonanno and Christoph…e Cornubert
- J. Mayer H. designs gridded pavilion for… Karlsruhe's 300-year anniversary
- Beautour thatched museum and biodiversit…y research centre by Guinée*Potin Architectes
- Parking Attendant’s Pavilion by Jean-L…uc Fugier
- The Club hotel by Ministry of Design
- OMA wins Bordeaux bridge competition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories