The pavilion is covered in thatched palm-fibre from Indonesia and will be used as a venue for events over the summer.
The brief required that the pavilion have bar areas, provide shade and seating, and incorporate water.
Cooling air is drawn across concrete troughs of water and upwards through the chimney-like structures, which also provide shade for visitors.
Photographs are by Florian Holzherr.
Also, take a look at Dezeen's top ten: pavilions.
Update 29/07/2009: The architects have requested that we change the images for this new set and have also provided images of the models.
- Porta Volta Fondazione Feltrinelli by He…rzog & de Meuron
- Walking Berlin by Fantastic Norway
- Jianamani Visitor Centre by Atelier Team…Minus
- Casa El Pangue by Elton + Léniz
- Mas d’Enric Penitentiary by AiB and PS…P
- Ortona Cemetery by Giovani Vaccarini
- Monconseil Sports Hall by Explorations A…rchitecture
- Taipei Performing Arts Centre by OMA
- Zaha Hadid in Abu Dhabi update
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories