The pavilion is covered in thatched palm-fibre from Indonesia and will be used as a venue for events over the summer.
The brief required that the pavilion have bar areas, provide shade and seating, and incorporate water.
Cooling air is drawn across concrete troughs of water and upwards through the chimney-like structures, which also provide shade for visitors.
Photographs are by Florian Holzherr.
Also, take a look at Dezeen's top ten: pavilions.
Update 29/07/2009: The architects have requested that we change the images for this new set and have also provided images of the models.
- Garden of 10,000 Bridges by West 8
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: House A by… Takeshi Hamada
- NLA Sky Walk by Carmody Groarke
- Avena+ Test Bed - Agricultural Printin…g and Altered Landscapes by Benedikt Groß
- Gammel Hellerup Sports Hall by BIG
- Metro West bridge by Explorations Arch…itecture and Buro Happold
- Beyond the Screen by OBBA
- New Pinterest board: cabins
- The King’s Cross Filling Station by …Carmody Groarke
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories