The pavilion is covered in thatched palm-fibre from Indonesia and will be used as a venue for events over the summer.
The brief required that the pavilion have bar areas, provide shade and seating, and incorporate water.
Cooling air is drawn across concrete troughs of water and upwards through the chimney-like structures, which also provide shade for visitors.
Photographs are by Florian Holzherr.
Also, take a look at Dezeen's top ten: pavilions.
Update 29/07/2009: The architects have requested that we change the images for this new set and have also provided images of the models.
- Boomslang walkway by Mark Thomas and Hen…ry Fagan extends over a forest canopy
- Elena Garro Cultural Centre by Fernanda …Canales and Arquitectura 911sc
- China Central Television Headquarters by… OMA
- Growing a "giant artificial reef" could …stop Venice sinking
- Local Architecture's Confignon House fea…tures concrete walls and a zig-zagging roof
- Aurillac concert venue by Brisac Gonzale…z
- "I'd love to design a brothel or a gas s…tation" says Brazilian architect Isay Weinfeld
- BTV Branch Innsbruck by Rainer Köberl
- 9/11 memorial by Michael Arad and Peter …Walker
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories