The pavilion is covered in thatched palm-fibre from Indonesia and will be used as a venue for events over the summer.
The brief required that the pavilion have bar areas, provide shade and seating, and incorporate water.
Cooling air is drawn across concrete troughs of water and upwards through the chimney-like structures, which also provide shade for visitors.
Photographs are by Florian Holzherr.
Also, take a look at Dezeen's top ten: pavilions.
Update 29/07/2009: The architects have requested that we change the images for this new set and have also provided images of the models.
- Designed in Hackney: Batemans Row by The…is and Khan Architects
- Ruta del Peregrino: Sanctuary Circle by …Dellekamp and Periférica
- Library of Birmingham by Mecanoo
- Hungarian forest cabin built in two days… by T2.a Architects
- Origami Stair by Bell Phillips
- Yuko Nagayama's cafe and sweet shop wrap…s around a tree
- Western Concourse at King’s Cross by J…ohn McAslan + Partners
- Cabanas no Rio by Aires Mateus
- Shore Vista Boat Dock by Bercy Chen Stud…io
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories