The pavilion is covered in thatched palm-fibre from Indonesia and will be used as a venue for events over the summer.
The brief required that the pavilion have bar areas, provide shade and seating, and incorporate water.
Cooling air is drawn across concrete troughs of water and upwards through the chimney-like structures, which also provide shade for visitors.
Photographs are by Florian Holzherr.
Also, take a look at Dezeen's top ten: pavilions.
Update 29/07/2009: The architects have requested that we change the images for this new set and have also provided images of the models.
- El Claustro Cultural Center by Eneseis A…rquitectura
- Hundreds of cubes front Julien De Smedt'…s Gangnam housing block
- OLS House by J Mayer H
- Sapphire Gallery by XTEN Architecture 2
- Alexander Jacques transforms architectur…al facades into abstract patterns
- Studio GAON converts concrete warehouse …into a couple's first home
- Red concrete visitor centre by Gonçalo …Byrne tells the story of a Portuguese civil war battle
- Tama Art University Library by Toyo Ito
- Andrew Maynard adds greenhouse-like exte…nsion to a Melbourne home – but leaves it unfinished
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories