The packaging allows the chair to be more easily transported by hand or delivered in the post.
The frame is constructed from beech with plywood slats and is assembled with coach bolts and screws.
Plant&Moss was founded by two graduates from Bucks New University, James Moss and James Plant.
The pair exhibited the project as part of One Year On - a satellite event featuring work by designers who graduated or launched their business within the previous year.
This year's One Year On was curated by Thorsten Van Elten.
Here's some info from Plant&Moss:
Tube Chair fits into a standard sized poster tube. In doing this it makes the chair a lot easier to carry and transport than a conventional chair.
It enables the purchaser to pop the chair under their arm rather than having to worry about getting it delivered; it may also be delivered by post with more ease.
The chairs frame is from standard sized beech and the slats from plywood, the chair is assembled using coach bolts and screws. The chair provides a feeling of achievement, once assembled, similar to that of having completed a Lego model. The slats of the chair are available in a range of colours.
- Form 6 G3 vibrator by Jimmyjane
- Bite Me edible desk lamp by Victor Vette…rlein
- Perspectives by John Pawson at St Paul's… Cathedral
- Semplice lamp by Industrial Facility for… Oluce
- Tassenkast by Lotty Lindeman
- PLET Table by Reinier de Jong
- Tonic by Reinhard Dienes
- Scary Beautiful by Leanie van der Vyver
- Fish packaging by PostlerFerguson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories