Indonesian architects Budi Pradono architects have designed the interior of a frozen-yoghurt shop in Jakarta, Indonesia, based on melting ice floes.
White, back-lit slabs are suspended from the ceiling of the space, which is composed of a bar, seating area and storage facility.
The shop is due to open next month.
See our other stories on frozen yoghurt shops:
Here's some text from the architects:
Frozen Yoghurt café, Jakarta
Designed by Budi Pradono is to be opened to the public by 1st week of August 2009.
The interior for this café selling Frozen Yoghurt and pancake is like ice floes that fly in the air, some have to melt and fall since the world is getting hotter and hotter, all furniture are made completely white and arranged informally.
There are 30 types of Indonesian typical fruits that are presented as toppings on frozen Yoghurt and hot pancake.
Name: Blu Apple Frozen Yoghurt café
Size: 130 m2
Location: Plaza Semanggi Mall, Jl Jend Sudirman, Jakarta, Indonesia
Design stage: May – June 2009
Construction stage: June – July 2009
Architect: Budi Pradono architects
Project architect: Budi Pradono
Assistant project architects: Yuli Sri Hartanto, Rina Nur Aisah.
Design supervisors: Budi Pradono, Yuli Sri Hartanto, Rina Nur Aisah, Ian Flood.
Graphic Designer: Ahmett Salina.
Contractor: PT. KANG, Rukamto Laksana.
Project manager: Yohanes Sembiring.
Site supervisor: Indra Sukmana.
Workshop supervisor: Sukandar.
Signage specialist: Rhino advertising, Aming.
Sofa specialist: PT. KANG.
- Verbandkammer by Nilsson Pflugfelder
- Studio renovation by MAIO
- Brooklyn warehouse overhauled by Snøhet…ta to create art studio for painter José Parlá
- Paper Chandeliers by Cristina Parreño A…rchitecture and MIT
- Galerie BSL by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance
- Office for Emu Films by Studio Swine
- Old French barn converted into printmake…r's studio by Modal Architecture
- Flat in Tel Aviv by Jacobs-Yaniv Archite…cts
- Sneakerology by Facet Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories