Berlin-based designers Ett la Benn have created a clothes stand that unfolds into a pole when not in use.
A twisting hinge articulates the components of the oak product, which is made in two different lengths and five colours.
Photos are by Yves Sucksdorff.
Here's some text from the designers:
Valet Stand ‘valet’
Nothing more than an elaborated hinge turns a seemingly simple pole into this elaborated piece of furniture. If ‘valet’ does not serve, it stands mute and straight in the corner. Through its minimalistic form, it achieves the status of an object. The valet stand is made of oak wood and is available in the colours oxal-white, ferrum-grey, oxid-blue, beta-red and ammon-grey.
Material: massive oak wood
Measurements wdh: 3,8 x 3,8 x 200 cm; wdh: 50 x 50 x 95 cm
- Thomas Feichtner launches cutlery for Ja…rosinski & Vaugoin at Vienna Design Week
- Titan digital pocket watch by Ziiiro now… in stock at Dezeen Watch Store
- LEM wall lamps by Daniel Becker
- "I try to make new forms of life," says …Strandbeests creator Theo Jansen
- A cup of coffee by Ryohei Yoshiyuki
- Lean by Jenny Bäck
- The Bradley tactile timepiece launches i…n Europe at Dezeen Watch Store
- Piu tableware by Patrick Frey
- Studio Job interprets famous buildings w…ith "whacked and expressive" Landmark series
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories