Berlin-based designers Ett la Benn have created a clothes stand that unfolds into a pole when not in use.
A twisting hinge articulates the components of the oak product, which is made in two different lengths and five colours.
Photos are by Yves Sucksdorff.
Here's some text from the designers:
Valet Stand ‘valet’
Nothing more than an elaborated hinge turns a seemingly simple pole into this elaborated piece of furniture. If ‘valet’ does not serve, it stands mute and straight in the corner. Through its minimalistic form, it achieves the status of an object. The valet stand is made of oak wood and is available in the colours oxal-white, ferrum-grey, oxid-blue, beta-red and ammon-grey.
Material: massive oak wood
Measurements wdh: 3,8 x 3,8 x 200 cm; wdh: 50 x 50 x 95 cm
- Stilthouses and Bidonvilles by Arne Quin…ze
- 5mm launches collection of top-heavy tab…les
- Nendo's Stay-brella stands up unassisted
- Sur les Rivages by Aïssa Logerot and Am…andine Chhor
- Companions by Studioilse for De La Espad…a
- Mesblock by Robert Knight
- Chair 3/4 by Sandro Lominashvili looks l…ike an optical illusion
- Movie: Nike Pro TurboSpeed speed-suit
- Sweet and Heady by Ray Power
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories