Berlin-based designers Ett la Benn have created a clothes stand that unfolds into a pole when not in use.
A twisting hinge articulates the components of the oak product, which is made in two different lengths and five colours.
Photos are by Yves Sucksdorff.
Here's some text from the designers:
Valet Stand ‘valet’
Nothing more than an elaborated hinge turns a seemingly simple pole into this elaborated piece of furniture. If ‘valet’ does not serve, it stands mute and straight in the corner. Through its minimalistic form, it achieves the status of an object. The valet stand is made of oak wood and is available in the colours oxal-white, ferrum-grey, oxid-blue, beta-red and ammon-grey.
Material: massive oak wood
Measurements wdh: 3,8 x 3,8 x 200 cm; wdh: 50 x 50 x 95 cm
- DoorBot wireless doorbell by Edison Juni…or Design Laboratory
- Endless Stair by dRMM
- SuperDesign at Victoria House, London
- Peroni Collaborazioni Talks: Fabio Nove…mbre part 1
- Movie: The Idea of a Tree by Mischer'Tra…xler at Clerkenwell Design Week
- East Beach Cafe by Thomas Heatherwick
- W Hotels Designers of the Future Award 2…013 projects at Design Miami/Basel
- Buildings of Disaster in gold by Constan…tin and Laurene Boym
- Mia Cinelli's limb-like weighted blanket… is designed to ease feelings of grief
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories