Berlin-based designers Ett la Benn have created a clothes stand that unfolds into a pole when not in use.
A twisting hinge articulates the components of the oak product, which is made in two different lengths and five colours.
Photos are by Yves Sucksdorff.
Here's some text from the designers:
Valet Stand ‘valet’
Nothing more than an elaborated hinge turns a seemingly simple pole into this elaborated piece of furniture. If ‘valet’ does not serve, it stands mute and straight in the corner. Through its minimalistic form, it achieves the status of an object. The valet stand is made of oak wood and is available in the colours oxal-white, ferrum-grey, oxid-blue, beta-red and ammon-grey.
Material: massive oak wood
Measurements wdh: 3,8 x 3,8 x 200 cm; wdh: 50 x 50 x 95 cm
- HU by Ross Lovegrove for Issey Miyake
- Alexander Wang designs furniture range… for Poltrona Frau
- Peel Fruit by Yves Behar
- KiBiSi launches cargo bike for urban c…ommuters
- Rattan backrest curves around Hiroomi …Tahara's Wrap sofa
- Heavy Metal at the Woodstock Foundry
- Fluidity & Design by Zaha Hadid
- Your Mobile Expectations by Olafur Eli…asson
- Charity sale of designer napkins
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories