Berlin-based designers Ett la Benn have created a clothes stand that unfolds into a pole when not in use.
A twisting hinge articulates the components of the oak product, which is made in two different lengths and five colours.
Photos are by Yves Sucksdorff.
Here's some text from the designers:
Valet Stand ‘valet’
Nothing more than an elaborated hinge turns a seemingly simple pole into this elaborated piece of furniture. If ‘valet’ does not serve, it stands mute and straight in the corner. Through its minimalistic form, it achieves the status of an object. The valet stand is made of oak wood and is available in the colours oxal-white, ferrum-grey, oxid-blue, beta-red and ammon-grey.
Material: massive oak wood
Measurements wdh: 3,8 x 3,8 x 200 cm; wdh: 50 x 50 x 95 cm
- Lego Greenhouse by Sebastian Bergne
- Assa Ashuach at Rabih Hage Gallery
- e-glue vinyl wall decorations for childr…en
- "Do we really want people at home printi…ng rubbish?" - Dominic Wilcox at Dezeen Live
- Lost Time by Glithero for Perrier-Jouët
- Up to 25% off in the Dezeen Watch Store …winter sale
- Blow lamps by Theo Möller inflate like …balloons
- Tint room dividers by Kristine Five Melv…ær
- Cygnet by Aston Martin
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories