Graduate designer Apirak Leenharattanarak has created a chair with spaces for storage in the backrest and seat.
The chair is made of birch plywood, assembled using biscuit joints.
Leenharattanarak designed the chair while studying at Central Saint Martins college of art and design in London.
Here's some text from Leenharattanarak:
An exploration of patterns of use and storage and how their boundaries might define furniture is at the heart of this furniture.
Technology impacts increasingly on our use of personal spaces, bringing its own detritus to our increasing confined urban spaces. The result; furniture with a personalised and idiosyncratic idiom.
Burden Chair & Burden Chair 1: Highlighting the weight we carry in everyday life by integrated symbolic storage exposing the number and identity of our possessions.
Burden Chair: 15mm. birch plywood with biscuit jointing.
- Chidori Furniture by Kengo Kuma and Asso…ciates
- Join Table by Ding3000
- Close encounter by Oscar Lhermitte
- Kink by Osko+Deichmann
- Victorian Grandfather Chair and Chippend…ale Writing Desk by Adam Rowe
- "This bench is a tribute to a local hard…ware shop" - Roger Arquer
- Tube Map Radio by Yuri Suzuki
- Geta furniture range by Arik Levy for Mo…dus
- Embroidery Chairs by Johan Lindstén
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories