Graduate designer Apirak Leenharattanarak has created a chair with spaces for storage in the backrest and seat.
The chair is made of birch plywood, assembled using biscuit joints.
Leenharattanarak designed the chair while studying at Central Saint Martins college of art and design in London.
Here's some text from Leenharattanarak:
An exploration of patterns of use and storage and how their boundaries might define furniture is at the heart of this furniture.
Technology impacts increasingly on our use of personal spaces, bringing its own detritus to our increasing confined urban spaces. The result; furniture with a personalised and idiosyncratic idiom.
Burden Chair & Burden Chair 1: Highlighting the weight we carry in everyday life by integrated symbolic storage exposing the number and identity of our possessions.
Burden Chair: 15mm. birch plywood with biscuit jointing.
- Stian Korntved Ruud is hand carving a …wooden spoon every day for a year
- Efficient Home by Mathieu Lehanneur fo…r Schneider Electric
- Baufrica by Muungano
- Dezeen Screen: Rise for Japan by Milto…n Glaser
- Dezeen Watch Store iPhone clock app
- Flower Street BioReactor by Emergent
- Simplissimo by Jean Nouvel for Ligne R…oset
- Interactive slideshow: Normann Copenha…gen's latest furniture collection
- Rick Owens pairs springy soles with le…ather for Adidas SS15 footwear
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories