Graduate designer Apirak Leenharattanarak has created a chair with spaces for storage in the backrest and seat.
The chair is made of birch plywood, assembled using biscuit joints.
Leenharattanarak designed the chair while studying at Central Saint Martins college of art and design in London.
Here's some text from Leenharattanarak:
An exploration of patterns of use and storage and how their boundaries might define furniture is at the heart of this furniture.
Technology impacts increasingly on our use of personal spaces, bringing its own detritus to our increasing confined urban spaces. The result; furniture with a personalised and idiosyncratic idiom.
Burden Chair & Burden Chair 1: Highlighting the weight we carry in everyday life by integrated symbolic storage exposing the number and identity of our possessions.
Burden Chair: 15mm. birch plywood with biscuit jointing.
- Tuft Pula byNumen/For Use
- Flat Surgery by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Movie: Ross Lovegrove on his Solar Tree …at Clerkenwell Design Week
- "I started my company with a completely …bogus business plan" - Janne Kyttanen
- 100 Years After the Party by Makiko Naka…mura
- Lagrange34 chocolate by Jjuice
- Tape Measure Project by Debbie Smyth
- Harry by Eric Jourdan for Ligne Roset
- Wilcox vs 3D Printer at Hacked Lab
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories