Books are displayed inside honeycombe-like voids in a wall, backlit with LED lights through translucent acrylic.
More stories about LAVA:
Photographs are by Chris Bosse and Peter Murphy.Here's some more information from LAVA:
Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation Bibliotheca
A new architectural installation commissioned for the first anniversary of the Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation (SCAF) in Sydney creates a space for displaying catalogues and other publications.
The installation is an evolutionary display, which will adapt and grow in response to each new gallery project while creating an ephemeral and surreal experience with changing lights and effects. Holding a selection of Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation and Art & Australia publications in honeycomb shaped cells, the installation is backlit through transparent acrylic via energy efficient LED lights.
Laboratory for Visionary Architecture
Chris Bosse, Tobias Wallisser, Alexander Rieck
with Esan Rahmani, Jarrod Lamshed, Erik Escalante
Client: Gene Sherman
Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation
Builder: Definitive, Display by Design
Light : LED systems Australia
- Rux unveils modular Stickbulb lighting m…ade with reclaimed wood
- Feathr launches wallpaper by tattooists,… graffiti artists and surfwear designers
- Egg of Columbus by Valentina Carretta of… Fabrica for Seletti
- Past Memories by Valentin Loellmann
- Paolo Ulian and Moreno Ratti shape marbl…e vase with a hammer
- El Mil del Poaig by CuldeSac
- Prickly headdresses by Maiko Takeda glow… in the dark
- "Kitchen design should be less masculine…" - Patricia Urquiola
- Paper Pulp Helmet by Tom Gottelier, Bobb…y Petersen and Ed Thomas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories