Books are displayed inside honeycombe-like voids in a wall, backlit with LED lights through translucent acrylic.
More stories about LAVA:
Photographs are by Chris Bosse and Peter Murphy.Here's some more information from LAVA:
Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation Bibliotheca
A new architectural installation commissioned for the first anniversary of the Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation (SCAF) in Sydney creates a space for displaying catalogues and other publications.
The installation is an evolutionary display, which will adapt and grow in response to each new gallery project while creating an ephemeral and surreal experience with changing lights and effects. Holding a selection of Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation and Art & Australia publications in honeycomb shaped cells, the installation is backlit through transparent acrylic via energy efficient LED lights.
Laboratory for Visionary Architecture
Chris Bosse, Tobias Wallisser, Alexander Rieck
with Esan Rahmani, Jarrod Lamshed, Erik Escalante
Client: Gene Sherman
Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation
Builder: Definitive, Display by Design
Light : LED systems Australia
- Delicious by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Wanders launches Mondrian South Beach pr…oject
- Minimal Dresses by Digna Kosse
- Plastic Relics by Committee for Cibone E…ditions
- Silje Nesdal launches furniture collecti…on for compact living
- Dining Agenda by Sara Ferrari and Marcel…la Fiori
- Pixel animations at London 2012 Olympic …closing ceremony by Crystal CG
- Diamond Jubilee Souvenir Poster by Sarah… Hyndman
- Moustache launches in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories