Books are displayed inside honeycombe-like voids in a wall, backlit with LED lights through translucent acrylic.
More stories about LAVA:
Photographs are by Chris Bosse and Peter Murphy.Here's some more information from LAVA:
Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation Bibliotheca
A new architectural installation commissioned for the first anniversary of the Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation (SCAF) in Sydney creates a space for displaying catalogues and other publications.
The installation is an evolutionary display, which will adapt and grow in response to each new gallery project while creating an ephemeral and surreal experience with changing lights and effects. Holding a selection of Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation and Art & Australia publications in honeycomb shaped cells, the installation is backlit through transparent acrylic via energy efficient LED lights.
Laboratory for Visionary Architecture
Chris Bosse, Tobias Wallisser, Alexander Rieck
with Esan Rahmani, Jarrod Lamshed, Erik Escalante
Client: Gene Sherman
Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation
Builder: Definitive, Display by Design
Light : LED systems Australia
- Dezeen Platform: Manuel Netto
- Movie: Collective Works by Mischer'Traxl…er at Clerkenwell Design Week
- Geraldine Spilker combines ashes with re…sin to create mementoes of the dead
- Shrine Flat-table by Schemata Architectu…re Office
- Movie: Stuart Haygarth at Design Miami
- Air Multiplier by Dyson
- Walk the Walk by David Taylor
- Concrete Ring Series by 22designstudio
- Yulia Yadryshnikova bases capsule fashio…n collection on Luca Nichetto's sofa cover
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories