Books are displayed inside honeycombe-like voids in a wall, backlit with LED lights through translucent acrylic.
More stories about LAVA:
Photographs are by Chris Bosse and Peter Murphy.Here's some more information from LAVA:
Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation Bibliotheca
A new architectural installation commissioned for the first anniversary of the Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation (SCAF) in Sydney creates a space for displaying catalogues and other publications.
The installation is an evolutionary display, which will adapt and grow in response to each new gallery project while creating an ephemeral and surreal experience with changing lights and effects. Holding a selection of Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation and Art & Australia publications in honeycomb shaped cells, the installation is backlit through transparent acrylic via energy efficient LED lights.
Laboratory for Visionary Architecture
Chris Bosse, Tobias Wallisser, Alexander Rieck
with Esan Rahmani, Jarrod Lamshed, Erik Escalante
Client: Gene Sherman
Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation
Builder: Definitive, Display by Design
Light : LED systems Australia
- More Design Indaba videos
- Zaha Hadid and John Pawson for Fusital
- Designers in Residence at the Design M…useum
- Waive by Matthias Pliessnig
- Roger Arquer at Dezeen Platform
- Layered fabric chair by Richard Hutten… to launch in Milan
- Foster + Partners designs simple disc-…shaped pendant lamp for Lumina
- Mingus by Cecilie Manz for Lightyears
- Arc table by Foster + Partners for Mol…teni&C
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories