Designer Gillian Westley has created a range of cooking utensils that don't leave a mess on worktops.
The Elevate range, produced by kitchenware brand Joseph Joseph, consists of six implements with central pivots and weighted handles, which keep any goo on the business end clear of work surfaces.
More Joseph Joseph products on Dezeen:
Here's some info from Joseph Joseph:
Elevate is a range of six cooking tools that have a unique weighted handle system which prevents their heads from touching the worktop surface whilst cooking. This fresh innovation reduces mess and increases hygiene while adding a splash of colour to the kitchen.
The original concept was from Gillian Westley whose idea was spotted by Joseph Joseph at her degree show.
These stylish tools are yet another example of pioneering kitchenware design from Joseph Joseph.
The Elevate range utilizes an innovative weighted handle system to prevent the utensil head touching worktop surfaces. This maximizes hygiene whilst minimizing mess and eliminates the need for a spoon rest.
The tool heads are made of heat resistant Nylon withstanding up to 240 degrees C/480 degrees F and are ideal for use with non-stick cookware. Each tool has an ergonomic soft grip handle and is dishwasher safe.
The range includes a spaghetti server, slotted spoon, slotted turner, ladle, flexible turner and a solid spoon. They can be purchased separately or in a gift box.
- Gijs Van Vaerenbergh's steel maze feat…ures spherical, cylindrical and cone-shaped voids
- "Victorian Seven Dials was known for s…hady characters and wayward ladies" - Vic Lee
- Ro armchair by Jaime Hayón for Republ…ic of Fritz Hansen
- Spike Chair by Alexander Lervik
- Jaime Hayón to speak at Design Indaba
- Objects in Disguise by Tove Thambert
- Collapse lamp by Hayo Gebauer
- Blown-glass sex toys form Adult Tool K…it by Michael Reynolds and Jeff Zimmerman
- Moke by Michael Young
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories