Created for retailers Alohanine, the interior has a curvilinear wall that begins at the entrance on the south side and ends on the north side of the shop.
The ceiling is also curved along the length of the shop.
"One big curve expands obliquely into the inside considering the view from a street in front and the movement line and another gentle curve of the ceiling link in three dimensions," says Kayo Yamaguchi of Case-Real.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designers:
Project : DOUBLE OO '09 (A boutique)
Design : Koichi Futatsumata (CASE-REAL)
Site : Fukuoka, Japan
Floor area : 74.6㎡
CASE-REAL is an atelier office based in Japan which is organized around Koichi Futatsumata and plans various designs such as spaces, constructions, furniture and products.
- Volcanic Slab D2C flagship store by 3Gat…ti Architecture Studio
- Bestie Currywurst by Scott & Scott Archi…tects
- Sculptural staircase connects two mosaic… floors in an old fisherman's cottage in Sicily
- Cao Pu converts Nanjing apartment into f…ashion studio
- Avanti restaurant by Studio OPA
- Café/Bar Z am Park by Aekae
- Hue Plus by Schemata Architecture Office
- Ninetynine creates chipboard interior fo…r Amsterdam's Mash bar
- Vostok Cabin by Atelier Van Lieshout
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories