Created for retailers Alohanine, the interior has a curvilinear wall that begins at the entrance on the south side and ends on the north side of the shop.
The ceiling is also curved along the length of the shop.
"One big curve expands obliquely into the inside considering the view from a street in front and the movement line and another gentle curve of the ceiling link in three dimensions," says Kayo Yamaguchi of Case-Real.
Here's a tiny bit of text from the designers:
Project : DOUBLE OO '09 (A boutique)
Design : Koichi Futatsumata (CASE-REAL)
Site : Fukuoka, Japan
Floor area : 74.6㎡
CASE-REAL is an atelier office based in Japan which is organized around Koichi Futatsumata and plans various designs such as spaces, constructions, furniture and products.
- La Cantine de la Ménagerie de Verre by …Matali Crasset
- Eaton Terrace by Project Orange
- i29's wooden wall turns historic departm…ent store tower into artists' residence
- River Café by Stuart Forbes and Richard… Rogers
- Swarovski Crystal Palace 2010
- "You'll probably need an aspirin" after …my Design Museum show, says Paul Smith
- House D by TANK
- V'ammos Restaurant by LM Architects
- Garden By Be Area by Kazutoyo Yamamoto
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories