Design graduate Delphine Frey produced this carbon-fibre lamp as part of her Mas Luxe diploma at ECAL (University of Art and Design Lausanne) in Switzerland.
The pleats give the long, thin lamp stability.
Frey's website will soon be at: www.delphinefrey.com
Here's some text from Frey:
This desk lamp or console table lamp was born from the association of two different universes; the softness and elegance of the haute couture pleat meet the rigidity of carbon.
It is a subtle mix of two worlds: this object represents the encounter of an ancestral know-how with the latest technology. It was made with the assistance of a Formula One parts supplier.
The pleats are not only esthetical, they also add some rigidity to the long and thin structure. In addition, they also hide the leds.
- Carl Hansen & Søn delves into its archi…ves for Colonial furniture collection
- Drawerment by Jaroslav Jurica
- The Magic Collection by Front
- Apprentice shoes by Doshi Levien
- Stone Blind and Qanah by Sruli Recht
- Suspended staircase combined with desk a…nd storage space by Mieke Meijer
- City Series and Studio Line by Michael Y…oung for Zixag
- Stockholm Furniture Fair installation by… Gert Wingårdh and Kustaa Saksi
- Bionic Runner combines cycling and joggi…ng for "injury-free" running
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories