Design graduate Delphine Frey produced this carbon-fibre lamp as part of her Mas Luxe diploma at ECAL (University of Art and Design Lausanne) in Switzerland.
The pleats give the long, thin lamp stability.
Frey's website will soon be at: www.delphinefrey.com
Here's some text from Frey:
This desk lamp or console table lamp was born from the association of two different universes; the softness and elegance of the haute couture pleat meet the rigidity of carbon.
It is a subtle mix of two worlds: this object represents the encounter of an ancestral know-how with the latest technology. It was made with the assistance of a Formula One parts supplier.
The pleats are not only esthetical, they also add some rigidity to the long and thin structure. In addition, they also hide the leds.
- New S14-1 Collection by Nixon is now a…vailable at Dezeen Watch Store
- TZOA wearable environment tracker meas…ures UV and air pollution
- 3D printed shoes by Iris van Herpen an…d Rem D Koolhaas
- Charming Disaster
- Time Lines by Denis Guidone for Nava
- Nuisance Machines by Andrew Friend
- Designed in Hackney: Uniform Wares
- Nendo's Tokyo Tribal furniture incorpo…rates bamboo baskets
- Brodie Neill at Covent Garden Super De…sign
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories