Design graduate Delphine Frey produced this carbon-fibre lamp as part of her Mas Luxe diploma at ECAL (University of Art and Design Lausanne) in Switzerland.
The pleats give the long, thin lamp stability.
Frey's website will soon be at: www.delphinefrey.com
Here's some text from Frey:
This desk lamp or console table lamp was born from the association of two different universes; the softness and elegance of the haute couture pleat meet the rigidity of carbon.
It is a subtle mix of two worlds: this object represents the encounter of an ancestral know-how with the latest technology. It was made with the assistance of a Formula One parts supplier.
The pleats are not only esthetical, they also add some rigidity to the long and thin structure. In addition, they also hide the leds.
- Dezeen Watch Store at Tracey Neuls: 20 N…ovember to 23 December 2012
- 8th Heaven by Matali Crasset
- Moonbird by Yukio Hashimoto for Yamagiwa
- Milk Brother by Po-Chih Lai at Show RCA …2012
- Soot by Note Design Studio and Karolina …Stenfelt
- Jule Waibel’s pine cone-shaped seats a…re made by steam-folding wool felt
- Another Kountry by Roy McMakin
- Fungus chairs by MAD
- Vaisselier Système D by Matière A
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories