The shoe shop incorporates fluorescent colours, customised wallpapers and laser-cut furniture.
The following information is from Sergio Mannino Studio:
The design of the new Kensiegirl Showroom in New York City attempts to personify the chic, evocative and whimsical style of the Kensiegirl brand.
While utilizing the latest digital technologies, Mannino Studio defines the spirit of our times through mass customization of wallpapers, decals and laser-cut furniture.
Through everyday fluorescent fixtures turned pink, digitally fabricated lamp shades and a display system reminiscent of 70s minimal art, the Studio was able to transform the showroom into a modern mental gymnasium of design, pattern and color, while at the same time complimenting the Kensiegirl brand.
Sergio Mannino Studio is located in Brooklyn's progressive art community of DUMBO.
The aesthetic approach of each project is fresh and playful.
The studio is a collection of forward thinking architects, interior/product designers who bring disparate ideas and materials together to create places and objects that delight, enlighten and inspire.
Through an extensive close network of consultants and partners, projects can be taken from preliminary brainstorming to built form virtually anywhere.
A collaboration with Dutch designer Jan Habraken has produced the ooo! Lamp , presented in 2008 and awarded product of the week by I.D. and best pick of the ICFF by Metropolis.
The Studio has worked on several commercial and residential projects for renowned companies such as Jessica Simpson, Vince Camuto, Shoebox, Miss Sixty, Energie, Breil and several others.
- Paul Crofts Studio sinks seating areas i…nto floor of London office
- Philippe Starck in Beijing
- Alien by Gus Wüstemann
- Metal Staircase by Francesco Librizzi St…udio
- G-Star Raw pavilion at Tokyo Designer’…s Week
- Apartment in Amsterdam by MAMM Design fe…atures a sunken kitchen
- Carema Healthcare Centre by TAF
- Plywood partitions create rooms within r…ooms inside two Barcelona apartments
- Inside Installations by Joris De Scheppe…r and Thomas De Ridder
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories