Polish Design Season: Gdańsk-based design duo Malafor have designed a seat made of a solid piece of oak wrapped in steel.
The stools have a metal handle on one side and are made with a polished stainless steel surface or painted in bright colours.
Here's a little bit of text from Malafor:
It is a seat made of a piece of oak wood cut crosswise and dressed in stainless steel - either with a shiny, mirror-like, or painting finish. The trunk has a handle, so you can take it whenever you like without making any fuss about it.
materials: oak wood, painting stainless sheet, aluminum stripe, aluminum line
measurements: h 45cm/ diameter 30cm
- YOY brings "humour to an ordinary room" …with light that projects its shade
- Natalie Weinmann's slate furniture "not …designed to fit one purpose"
- Hydraulic mechanisms tilt singers at Mon…cler Autumn Winter 2014 presentation
- Ratchet Furniture by Harry Hasson
- Poetic License at Moss
- Hella Jongerius for Vitra
- Mediumwave by Jake Rich is a pod-shaped …microwave on wheels
- Michael Sodeau uses Formula 1 engineerin…g to create carbon-fibre Halo chair
- Konstantin Grcic's first design for Arte…k is a circular birch swivel chair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories