The product, called Moshimy, consists of a dock for recharging phone batteries and a handset for making and receiving calls while at home or in the office.
Its surface is made of olive green plastic and brushed aluminium.
Native Union say that using a separate handset when not actually on the move can spare the user from 96% of radiation compared to using a mobile phone directly.
More about Michael Young on Dezeen:
Here's some information from Michael Young:
New from Native Union and Michael Young - The Moshimy range of handsets for mobile phones.
Changing the way we use our mobile phones. Celebrating the art of conversation.
Reversing the trend for miniaturization of the mobile phone. A super-stylish, full size handset from Michael Young that allows the customer to enhance the functionality of their mobile phone, increase the everyday comfort of ‘living’ with a mobile and offers 96% protection from the radiation emitted from every mobile phone.
We are not trying to change anyone’s habits, The Moshimy handset works with the customer’s lifestyle. This is not a solution for talking on the phone when the customer is on the move. This is very specifically a lifestyle accessory for use when the customer is not on the move. At home, at the office, typically 16-20 hours of the 24 hours available.
The Michael Young design, featuring a unique brushed aluminum honeycombed facia, includes extra functions to enhance the phones features. These include – Bluetooth Stereo speakers, conference call function, and phone battery recharging dock.
- Hybreed by Charlotte Kingsnorth
- Origami Sofa by Yumi Yoshida unfolds to …become a floor mat
- Design made of animal products on show i…n Formafantasma exhibition
- Botanica by Formafantasma
- Colour-changing ink transforms flame-eng…ulfed headdress by Lauren Bowker
- Thorn by Iris van Herpen and United Nude
- 300 Coloured Vases by Hella Jongerius at… Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
- Light Shadows by Zero and Orrefors Kosta… Boda
- Shan Valla at The Temporium
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories