Dutch designers Made by Midas have designed a baby's cradle with wheels so it can be used as a toy once the child has outgrown it.
Called Q4 Cradle, the product is made of plywood with a removable hood.
The designers envisage the growing child using the cradle for make-believe games or storing toys.
Here's some more information from Made by Midas:
We work hard at Made by Midas, so mere weeks after we introduced the Q4 Crib we now present the Q4 Cradle.
The Q4 Cradle can be used as a cradle to start and later on as a play object, the hood can be removed. For example it can be used as a car, train, ship but is also very handy to store all your other toys.
Design: Huibert van Muilwijk
Producer: Made by Midas
Material: Plywood, pneumatic tires
Measurements; L 98cm. H 50/78cm. W46cm.
The top/shade is available in several colors.
- Boombench by NL Architects
- Vessel Series 01-03 by Samuel Wilkinson …for Decode
- New projects by Katrin Olina
- Mag・net・ic by Akiko Oue
- COD by Rami Tareef
- Collar and Hexagon by Nendo
- Superduperstudio designs "spillproof" wi…ne glasses
- Reddress at York Hall by Company
- Technology and design: makingthe world a…round us
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories