Dutch designers Made by Midas have designed a baby's cradle with wheels so it can be used as a toy once the child has outgrown it.
Called Q4 Cradle, the product is made of plywood with a removable hood.
The designers envisage the growing child using the cradle for make-believe games or storing toys.
Here's some more information from Made by Midas:
We work hard at Made by Midas, so mere weeks after we introduced the Q4 Crib we now present the Q4 Cradle.
The Q4 Cradle can be used as a cradle to start and later on as a play object, the hood can be removed. For example it can be used as a car, train, ship but is also very handy to store all your other toys.
Design: Huibert van Muilwijk
Producer: Made by Midas
Material: Plywood, pneumatic tires
Measurements; L 98cm. H 50/78cm. W46cm.
The top/shade is available in several colors.
- Objects by Estudio Carme Pinós
- A Glossary for Successful Collaborations… by Form Us With Love
- Nørd by David Geckeler for Muuto
- (In)visible Membrane by Sonja Bäumel
- Inflatable furniture by Philipp Beisheim…
- Dakar by Marco Dessí for Skitsch
- Record Chronograph by Achille Castiglion…i for Alessi at Dezeen Watch Store
- Front revisits Gebrüder Thonet Vienna's… roots to design bent-wood furniture
- Molecules by Aqua Creations and Ilan Gar…ibi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories