Dutch designers Made by Midas have designed a baby's cradle with wheels so it can be used as a toy once the child has outgrown it.
Called Q4 Cradle, the product is made of plywood with a removable hood.
The designers envisage the growing child using the cradle for make-believe games or storing toys.
Here's some more information from Made by Midas:
We work hard at Made by Midas, so mere weeks after we introduced the Q4 Crib we now present the Q4 Cradle.
The Q4 Cradle can be used as a cradle to start and later on as a play object, the hood can be removed. For example it can be used as a car, train, ship but is also very handy to store all your other toys.
Design: Huibert van Muilwijk
Producer: Made by Midas
Material: Plywood, pneumatic tires
Measurements; L 98cm. H 50/78cm. W46cm.
The top/shade is available in several colors.
- Fish Lamps by Frank Gehry
- Aoyama by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for L…igne Roset
- Layers wallpaper by Richard Hutten at th…e Design Museum
- Rememberme by Tobias Juretzek for Casama…nia
- Doshi Levien bases Uchiwa armchair for H…ay on a traditional Japanese fan
- When I Was Small by Tineke Beunders
- Bench Years by Established & Sons at the… V&A museum
- Bow-Wow Stool by Morten Emil Engel
- Silvia Fado designs impact absorbers for… more comfortable high-heeled shoes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories