Called Dolly, the product consists of one rounded U-shaped object, internally divided into two chambers.
Here's a tiny bit of text from McBride:
Dolly is a porcelain cruet set, designed by Ross McBride for Normann Copenhagen.
With its round, feminine design, Dolly is a good example of a salt and pepper shaker that brings humor and originality to the dining table. Never again will the set be broken up!
The organic form, originating as a simple blob drawn on a napkin, belies the fact that it is extremely difficult to produce in ceramic with a barrier separating the salt and pepper chambers.
- Tout Va Bien cabinet by Antoine Audiau a…nd Manuel Warosz
- Bouroullec brothers design a bent steel …triangle to frame Artek furniture collection
- Martin the Mule by Ibride
- Crudo by Barbara Busatta, Dario Buzzini,… Robin Bigio, Martin Meier and Oliviero Zanon
- Human Body Shop by Eliot Postma
- Samuel Wilkinson designs Grace collectio…n of aluminium furniture
- Interview with Tord Boontje on RCA Inten…t show
- MEJD Studio slices traditional objects i…n half to create contemporary lighting
- Corian Loves Missoni
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories