Called Dolly, the product consists of one rounded U-shaped object, internally divided into two chambers.
Here's a tiny bit of text from McBride:
Dolly is a porcelain cruet set, designed by Ross McBride for Normann Copenhagen.
With its round, feminine design, Dolly is a good example of a salt and pepper shaker that brings humor and originality to the dining table. Never again will the set be broken up!
The organic form, originating as a simple blob drawn on a napkin, belies the fact that it is extremely difficult to produce in ceramic with a barrier separating the salt and pepper chambers.
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Wrap Magazine
- Dezeen archive: hair
- WashHouse by Studio Makkink & Bey
- In the Sky by Case-Real for E&Y
- Catch Chair by Jaime Hayón for &traditi…on
- Squeezophone 360 by Claudio Colucci
- Joris Laarman Lab explores 3D-printed me…tal and open-source chair designs in New York exhibition
- Handlebar Candlesticks by Yen-Wen Tseng
- Formafantasma shows engraved glassware a…t Bagatti Valsecchi in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories