Above: Fredersen London chair
The collection includes wing chairs with leather cushions tied to sheet-steel frames (above), occasional tables with marble tops and cast iron bases, and a cabinet named after the monster in Fritz Lang's film Metropolis (below).
Above: Moloch cabinet
Based in the south of the Netherlands, the pair try to use two main materials in every piece.
Above: Plant table
The objects will remain on show at the gallery until 23 December.
Above: Plant table
Here's some information from Gallery Fumi, in capital letters:
KRANEN/GILLE AT GALLERY FUMI
FOUNDED BY JOS KRANEN AND JOHANNES GILLE, KRANEN/GILLE IS A DESIGN STUDIO BASED IN THE SOUTH OF THE NETHERLANDS. KRANEN AND GILLE, WHO MET DURING THEIR EDUCATION AT DESIGN ACADEMY EINDHOVEN, ALWAYS SEEK TO COMBINE VARIOUS DISCIPLINES, CRAFTSMANSHIP AND THEIR OWN PARTICULAR AESTETHICS INTO APPEALING DESIGN OBJECTS.
Above: Chatterley bench
ALL THEIR PIECES SEEM TO BREATHE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION WITH A WHIFF OF NATURAL STRUCTURES REMINISCENT OF THE PHOTOGRAPHY OF KARL BLOSSFELDT.
Above: Fredersen Miami chair
THIS NOVEMBER GALLERY FUMI WILL BE SHOWING KRANEN/GILLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE UK. THE COLLECTION WILL INCLUDE OCCASIONAL TABLES, FLOOR LAMPS, WINE RACKS, THE ‘FREDERSEN’ WINGCHAIR AND THE BRAND NEW ‘MOLOCH’ DRINKS CABINET WHICH IS CRAFTED FROM NUTWOOD AND NICKEL PLATED STEEL.
THE EXHIBITION WILL RUN FROM 20 NOVEMBER TO 23 DECEMBER 2009
- Konstantin Grcic's Sam Son chair for M…agis has a backrest like a pool noodle
- Plastic table by Tokujin Yoshioka for …Kartell sparkles like crystal glass
- Design Museum Collection App: electric…al products
- Tied-Up Pendant Lamp by Vitamin
- Faithful Copy by Amy Hunting
- I Have a Lifestyle model-kit window in…stallation by Fabio Novembre for Tommy Hilfiger
- Buttons by Studio Swine
- Dan Yeffet creates Torch floor light f…rom marble and glass
- R18 Ultra Chair by Clemens Weisshaar a…nd Reed Kram
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories