Since Dubai has been in the news a lot recently, here are our ten most popular stories about projects in Dubai. Guess what? Karim Rashid is at number one with his Switch Restaurant (above).
2: second place goes to Dutch firm UNStudio for the Museum of Middle Eastern Modern Art.
3: in third place is the Michael Schumacher World Champion Tower by architects Chris Bosse and Tobias Wallisser of LAVA.
4: fourth most popular is a kilometre-high tower by architects Woods Bagot.
5: X–Architects of Dubai come in fifth with an urban complex called Xeritown.
6: Dubai opera house by Zaha Hadid is seventh most-viewed.
7: next up is Waterfront City by OMA.
8: another project by OMA, this time a 300 metre-tall rotating skyscraper.
9: a cloud-shaped resort on slanted legs to resemble rain by Atelier Hapsitus is in ninth position.
10: Dubai Opera by French architect Jean Nouvel concludes our top ten Dubai projects.
Dezeen's top ten: lighting
Dezeen’s top ten: watches and clocks
Dezeen’s top ten: cardboard projects
Dezeen’s top ten: shops
Dezeen’s top ten: schools
Dezeen’s top ten: pavilions
Dezeen’s top ten: hotels
Dezeen’s top ten: animals
Dezeen’s 2008 review
Dezeen’s top ten: glamorous girls
Dezeen’s top ten: Japanese projects
Dezeen’s top ten: student projects
Dezeen’s top ten: interiors
Dezeen’s top ten: stories with most comments
Dezeen’s top ten: Milan 2008
Dezeen’s top ten: houses
Dezeen’s top ten: skyscrapers
Top ten Dezeen stories from December 2007
Most popular stories during our first twelve months
- Kilden performing arts centreby ALA Arch…itects
- Glazing disappears into the walls of Tig…g Coll's Malbrook Road extension
- El Greco Museum restoration and extensio…n by Pardo + Tapia Arquitectos
- Visitor centre "harmoniously inserted" i…nto a Canadian forest by Smith Vigeant Architects
- Outlandia by Malcolm Fraser Architects
- Vertical Glass House by Atelier FCJZ has… glass floors instead of windows
- Burnham Pavilion by UNStudio
- The Round Tower by De Matos Ryan
- Intertwining staircases spiral around th…e glazed core of Hiroshi Nakamura's Ribbon Chapel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories