Since Dubai has been in the news a lot recently, here are our ten most popular stories about projects in Dubai. Guess what? Karim Rashid is at number one with his Switch Restaurant (above).
2: second place goes to Dutch firm UNStudio for the Museum of Middle Eastern Modern Art.
3: in third place is the Michael Schumacher World Champion Tower by architects Chris Bosse and Tobias Wallisser of LAVA.
4: fourth most popular is a kilometre-high tower by architects Woods Bagot.
5: X–Architects of Dubai come in fifth with an urban complex called Xeritown.
6: Dubai opera house by Zaha Hadid is seventh most-viewed.
7: next up is Waterfront City by OMA.
8: another project by OMA, this time a 300 metre-tall rotating skyscraper.
9: a cloud-shaped resort on slanted legs to resemble rain by Atelier Hapsitus is in ninth position.
10: Dubai Opera by French architect Jean Nouvel concludes our top ten Dubai projects.
Dezeen's top ten: lighting
Dezeen’s top ten: watches and clocks
Dezeen’s top ten: cardboard projects
Dezeen’s top ten: shops
Dezeen’s top ten: schools
Dezeen’s top ten: pavilions
Dezeen’s top ten: hotels
Dezeen’s top ten: animals
Dezeen’s 2008 review
Dezeen’s top ten: glamorous girls
Dezeen’s top ten: Japanese projects
Dezeen’s top ten: student projects
Dezeen’s top ten: interiors
Dezeen’s top ten: stories with most comments
Dezeen’s top ten: Milan 2008
Dezeen’s top ten: houses
Dezeen’s top ten: skyscrapers
Top ten Dezeen stories from December 2007
Most popular stories during our first twelve months
- Diagonal Tower by SOM
- La Halle du Robin by AP 5 Architects
- Casa 205 by H Arquitectes
- Jägnefält Milton's Forest Pavilion tes…ts new Swedish building law
- Miraventos House by Eduardo Trigo de Sou…sa and ComA Architects
- Murray Mews by Moxon Architects
- The Design Republic Commune by Neri&Hu
- Harold Street Residence by Jackson Cleme…nts Burrows disguises its size with a twisted roof
- Matsuyama Architects builds concrete hou…se on inclining site in Japanese housing estate
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories